Wiktionary people in the UK

David Gerard-2
Any UK Wiktionarians who think they could explain it to the media? I
know *nothing* about the internals of the project myself ... if you
do, please email me.

- d.

Re: Wiktionary people in the UK

Thomas Dalton
> Any UK Wiktionarians who think they could explain it to the media? I
> know *nothing* about the internals of the project myself ... if you
> do, please email me.

There was at least one Wikinewsie (is that what they call themselves?)
at the B'ham meetup. I don't know if he's on this list...

Re: Wiktionary people in the UK

Gary Kirk
> Any UK Wiktionarians who think they could explain it to the media? I
> know *nothing* about the internals of the project myself ... if you
> do, please email me.

There was at least one Wikinewsie (is that what they call themselves?)
at the B'ham meetup. I don't know if he's on this list...

Gary Kirk

Re: Wiktionary people in the UK

Thomas Dalton
> They would be from... Wikinews :)

You make an excellent point. I'll get my coat. (The guy I'm thinking
about was definitely Wiktionary, though...)

PS Note to self: Don't send emails while thinking about something
completely different. You make a fool out of yourself.

Re: Wiktionary people in the UK

Chris McKenna
On Tue, 20 Nov 2007, Thomas Dalton wrote:

> On 20/11/2007, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Any UK Wiktionarians who think they could explain it to the media? I
>> know *nothing* about the internals of the project myself ... if you
>> do, please email me.
>
> There was at least one Wikinewsie (is that what they call themselves?)
> at the B'ham meetup. I don't know if he's on this list...

I was the Wiktionorian at the Brum meet. However, I'm not the best person
to explain it to anyone as I've barely edited any wikis in a few months
(I'll be back, but I don't know when) and so am completely out of touch
with the goings on. You have no idea just how trouble proper nouns can be,
and thats to say nothing of words coined by marketing departments. And as
for the word "usuress", set asside a whole day and browse through the
reams and reams of !paper generated about this one little word and you
will see just how stubbon, frustrating and confrontational one user can
be.

Chris

--
Chris McKenna

[hidden email]
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Re: Wiktionary people in the UK

Thomas Dalton
> You have no idea just how trouble proper nouns can be,
> and thats to say nothing of words coined by marketing departments.

I like "mesostemic" myself, but I'm biased, since my Dad coined it
(the marketing dept gave him a list of names, and he picked one).