Wiktionary thing - Radio 4

David Gerard-2
I'm now getting desperate for someone to do this, because I *haven't a
clue* about Wiktionary myself. In absolute desperation I could wing it
if someone can point me at the relevant "how things work here" pages,
but I'd rather not ... Wiktionarians outside the UK would be fine too,
even by phone (preferably the highest-quality line available, e.g.
ISDN or Skype, though landline would be tolerable).

They need to record this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Help please!

- d.

Re: Wiktionary thing - Radio 4

Majorly
I'm now getting desperate for someone to do this, because I *haven't a
clue* about Wiktionary myself. In absolute desperation I could wing it
if someone can point me at the relevant "how things work here" pages,
but I'd rather not ... Wiktionarians outside the UK would be fine too,
even by phone (preferably the highest-quality line available, e.g.
ISDN or Skype, though landline would be tolerable).

They need to record this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Help please!

- d.

I've asked in the #wiktionary channel on freenode. It might be an idea to post a message on a noticeboard on the wiki itself. Hardly anyone reads this list. And have you posted to the wiktionary list?

--
Alex (Majorly)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Majorly

Re: Wiktionary thing - Radio 4

> I'm now getting desperate for someone to do this, because I *haven't a
> clue* about Wiktionary myself. In absolute desperation I could wing it
> if someone can point me at the relevant "how things work here" pages,
> but I'd rather not ... Wiktionarians outside the UK would be fine too,
> even by phone (preferably the highest-quality line available, e.g.
> ISDN or Skype, though landline would be tolerable).
> They need to record this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
> Help please!

OK. They've now delayed this particular show until later in the
series. So the panic is off.

However, if there's someone who thinks they'd be good, it's still
worth getting in touch - recording 20 min for use later is all they
need, if you think you can represent us well.

(Someone suggested Ray Saintogne, but he thinks he really wouldn't be
good for the task. Sigh!)

- d.

Re: Wiktionary thing - Radio 4

Chris McKenna
It is looking likely that I will be in London for most of December prior
to Christmas, and then from January. Depending on what job I manage to
get, I will possibly be able to help with this then.

The New Year will be easier I suspect, but I can't be certain of anything
at the moment.

Chris

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, David Gerard wrote:

> On 22/11/2007, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm now getting desperate for someone to do this, because I *haven't a
>> clue* about Wiktionary myself. In absolute desperation I could wing it
>> if someone can point me at the relevant "how things work here" pages,
>> but I'd rather not ... Wiktionarians outside the UK would be fine too,
>> even by phone (preferably the highest-quality line available, e.g.
>> ISDN or Skype, though landline would be tolerable).
>> They need to record this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
>> Help please!
>

> OK. They've now delayed this particular show until later in the
> series. So the panic is off.
>
> However, if there's someone who thinks they'd be good, it's still
> worth getting in touch - recording 20 min for use later is all they
> need, if you think you can represent us well.
>
> (Someone suggested Ray Saintogne, but he thinks he really wouldn't be
> good for the task. Sigh!)
>

> - d.

Chris McKenna

[hidden email]