Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Tom Holden

I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on Thursday.

Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Ian A. Holton
2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>

I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on Thursday.

Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

Tom,

 awesome news! This is one of the major points where it all went wrong last time and itäs great to finally hear some good news :)

Well done,

Ian

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Thomas Dalton
2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>:
> I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been
> accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on
> Thursday.
>

> Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

Congratulations and well done! That's fantastic.

Unfortunately, it seems the planned AGM date clashed with Easter and
had to be push back (ironically, my first proposed date for the AGM
clashed with Christmas and had to be pushed back!), so it's still
going to be ages until we get an AGM. If we bring it forward a week,
it clashes with the chapter meeting in Berlin, which means we won't be
able to have full attendance (unfortunate, but perhaps not a deal
breaker). Bringing it forward a fortnight seems impractical (probably
possible, though, if we really want to). It seems there isn't a good
option, we're at the point of trying to find the least bad option.

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

joseph seddon

 >> I just phoned the co-op, and I've been told that our application has been
 >> accepted, and that they'll have a sort code and account number for us on
 >> Thursday.
 >>
 >>
 >>
 >> Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

 > Congratulations and well done! That's fantastic.

 > Unfortunately, it seems the planned AGM date clashed with Easter and
 > had to be push back (ironically, my first proposed date for the AGM
 > clashed with Christmas and had to be pushed back!), so it's still
 > going to be ages until we get an AGM. If we bring it forward a week,
 > it clashes with the chapter meeting in Berlin, which means we won't be
 > able to have full attendance (unfortunate, but perhaps not a deal
 > breaker). Bringing it forward a fortnight seems impractical (probably
 > possible, though, if we really want to). It seems there isn't a good
 > option, we're at the point of trying to find the least bad option.

I shall have to get my membership form in
once I have money :-) I am very pleased that
this much progress has been made, the last
thing to tick off the list is the tax exemption
and we will be a proper proper chapter :-)
Though anything beyond this is pretty much
uncharted waters in terms of a chapter in the uk :-)

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

James Farrar
Superb news.

2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>:

> I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been
> accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on
> Thursday.
>

> Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Theresa Knott
Well done!

Theresa

2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>:

> I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been
> accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on
> Thursday.
>

> Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

http://theresaknott.googlepages.com/home
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Theresa_knott

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

brian.mcneil-2
Ah, it's for charity - have some appropriate music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl6NfQyNLto

Brian.

> I just phoned the co-op, and I've been told that our application has been
> accepted, and that they'll have a sort code and account number for us on
> Thursday.
>

> Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

http://theresaknott.googlepages.com/home
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Theresa_knott

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Sean Whitton (Xyrael)
2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>:
> I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been
> accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on
> Thursday.

Epic win. Shame you had to phone them as opposed to them phoning you, though..

Sean Whitton / <[hidden email]>
OpenPGP KeyID: 0x25F4EAB7

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Peter Coombe
2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>:
> I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been
> accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on
> Thursday.

Hooray! I'm looking forward to seeing some money disappear from my
account and into yours, and it's not often I can say that! Well done
everyone.

Pete / the wub

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Mickey Conn
This is great news!  Now we can update the draft February newsletter
and lead with something really positive!

Mickey

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Peter Coombe
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>:
>> I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application has been
>> accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number for us on
>> Thursday.
>>

> Hooray! I'm looking forward to seeing some money disappear from my
> account and into yours, and it's not often I can say that! Well done
> everyone.
>
> Pete / the wub

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Mike Peel
Ditto the great! Although updating the newsletter isn't quite the
most exciting thing...

/me looks expectedly at anyone that has yet to send in a membership
application...

Mike

On 24 Feb 2009, at 19:11, Mickey Conn wrote:

> This is great news!  Now we can update the draft February newsletter
> and lead with something really positive!
>
> Mickey
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Peter Coombe
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 2009/2/24 Tom Holden <[hidden email]>:
>>> I just phoned the co-op, and I’ve been told that our application
>>> has been
>>> accepted, and that they’ll have a sort code and account number
>>> for us on
>>> Thursday.
>>>

>> Hooray! I'm looking forward to seeing some money disappear from my
>> account and into yours, and it's not often I can say that! Well done
>> everyone.
>>
>> Pete / the wub

Re: Woop-dee-doo (News from the co-op)

Alison M. Wheeler
On Tue, February 24, 2009 14:49, Tom Holden wrote:
> I just phoned the co-op, and I've been told that our application has been
> accepted, and that they'll have a sort code and account number for us on
> Thursday.
>
> Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.

This is very pleasing news (though I'd argue it is over three *years*
later than planned, but still yay!). Sorry couldn't reply earlier - broke
my ankle last Friday and only just out of hospital ...

Alison

2009/2/27 Alison Wheeler <[hidden email]>:
> On Tue, February 24, 2009 14:49, Tom Holden wrote:
>> I just phoned the co-op, and I've been told that our application has been
>> accepted, and that they'll have a sort code and account number for us on
>> Thursday.
>>
>> Only three months later than planned, but hey, better than nothing.
>
> This is very pleasing news (though I'd argue it is over three *years*
> later than planned, but still yay!).

Well, yes, but let's not dwell!