Working with subversion

Thomas Klein-2
I have installed TortoiseSVN under Windows XP and call this:

svn co http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/phase3

The return value is an error:

svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/phase3'
svn: PROPFIND von '/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/phase3': Error reading response
headers: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen.
(http://svn.wikimedia.org)

What is wrong?

Re: Working with subversion

Juanma Barranquero
On 4/5/06, Thomas Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have installed TortoiseSVN under Windows XP and call this:
>
> svn co http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/phase3
>
> The return value is an error:
>
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/phase3'
> svn: PROPFIND von '/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/phase3': Error reading response
> headers: Eine vorhandene Verbindung wurde vom Remotehost geschlossen.
> (http://svn.wikimedia.org)
>
> What is wrong?

Shot in the dark. Are you perhaps after a firewall, Squid cache or
similar that only allows through the most usual HTTP methods (like
GET, PUT, HEAD, etc.) and it's blocking PROPFIND?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u