World Peace by Wiki?

Nicholas Gerda
Dear Wikinewsies,

I hope an email to this list is okay as it is about another project,
however I think there's lots for all of you to be interested in...

Two of us from Wikinews, NGerda and Cmwhite, got a bit sidetracked
late last year building a wiki for a youth network called Never Again:
http://mdonkin.f2s.com/neveragain. Some may remember that we held a
conference last year that was attended by the President of the World
Bank, Paul Wolfowitz
(http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/World_Bank_president_addresses_global_youth_forum_on_genocide).

This weekend, we are holding an experimental Virtual Retreat to try
and put together some ideas about building a more peaceful society.

We'd like to invite Wikinewsies to join the retreat, particularly as
we really need some more people who are not afraid to plunge into a
wiki environment!

You may also find an opportunity to report on the retreat itself,
which will likely have some interesting outcomes and is taking place
in Gisenyi, Rwanda with a cross section of Africans and world youth as
well as the Virtual Retreat. Tomorrow at 7pm GMT, investigative
journalist Linda Melvern (http://www.amahoro.nl/linda/) will be
chatting to us about her work on the Rwandan genocide and what has
been learnt since (Freenode IRC #Neveragain).

Hope to see you there!

Best wishes,
Nick and Clare

Re: World Peace by Wiki?

Brian Wolff
I was wondering where you two went because I havn't seen you recently. Will look at.

--
- bawolff
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85 million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

On 02/02/06, Nicholas Gerda <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

- Brian
Caution: The mass of this product contains the energy equivalent of 85 million tons of TNT per net ounce of weight.

Re: World Peace by Wiki?

mrmiscellanious
Ditto Brian's comments.  Great to hear from you two again!

-MrM