World Wars project

Rod Ward

I don’t know if it is relevant but HEFCE’s Joint Information Systems Committee(JISC) has just put out a call for projects to create innovative Open Educational Resources (OERs) around the theme of World War One.

See http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2011/10/grantcall1711.aspx for details. I know Wikimedia wouldn’t be eligible but might be in a position to collaborate?

Rod

Re: World Wars project

Chris Keating-2

I don’t know if it is relevant but HEFCE’s Joint Information Systems Committee(JISC) has just put out a call for projects to create innovative Open Educational Resources (OERs) around the theme of World War One.

See http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2011/10/grantcall1711.aspx for details. I know Wikimedia wouldn’t be eligible but might be in a position to collaborate?

Yes, we might well be in a position to collaborate. :-)

We are actually in the process of exploring being part of another JISC tender, which is about some of the preliminary work JISC are funding to list and prioritise the various digital content related to WWI[1]. It isn't a project that we could (or should) take on ourselves, but doing so gives us access to a very useful network, and gives us a chance to move things in a free-content and generally wiki direction.

I have an inkling that the people we're talking to about this might be pitching for some of JISC's budget for Open Educational Resources as well (though that needn't mean we restrict our future options).

Chris