Write API enabled on Wikimedia sites

Brion Vibber-3

Re: Write API enabled on Wikimedia sites

Yuri Astrakhan
Congratulations!!!!!!

Thanks everyone who made this possible, Roan for taking the lead on
the project, Brion for looking over and enabling it, Victor, Bryan,
and many others who brought this major milestone to fruition. Should
there be a slashdot post? :) It's alive, wha ha ha ha !

--Yurik

P.S. Even though I have been quiet all this time, too busy with my
corporate life (lack thereof), I tried to follow the API progress, and
some day hope to contribute more.

Re: Write API enabled on Wikimedia sites

Max Semenik
On 26.08.2008, 3:04 Brion wrote:

> Since people seem to think the bugs have been pretty well shaken out so
> far on test.wikipedia.org, I've gone ahead and turned on
> $wgEnableWriteAPI on all public Wikimedia wikis.

Great news!

I personally depend on bug 14261 to start migration to
API editing, though.

--
Best regards,
  Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])

Re: Write API enabled on Wikimedia sites

Bryan Tong Minh
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:04 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Let's see how well stuff works! :D

Since my framework automatically edits using the api if available, it
silently has made a couple of dozen edits and no problems so far!

Bryan

Re: Write API enabled on Wikimedia sites

Bryan Tong Minh
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:13 PM, Bryan Tong Minh
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:04 AM, Brion Vibber <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Let's see how well stuff works! :D
>>

> Since my framework automatically edits using the api if available, it
> silently has made a couple of dozen edits and no problems so far!
>
> Bryan

... or maybe not. I get occasionally "Unrecognized value for parameter
'action': edit" after a random number of successful api edits. Perhaps
it did not get through to all servers or something?

Re: Write API enabled on Wikimedia sites

Roan Kattouw
Yuri Astrakhan schreef:
> Congratulations!!!!!!
>
> Thanks everyone who made this possible, Roan for taking the lead on
> the project, Brion for looking over and enabling it, Victor, Bryan,
> and many others who brought this major milestone to fruition.
Let's not forget the Vodafone people here; they adapted
EditPage::internalSave() to API usage, saving me a lot of work writing
the action=edit module.
> P.S. Even though I have been quiet all this time, too busy with my
> corporate life (lack thereof), I tried to follow the API progress, and
> some day hope to contribute more.
I'm always happy when someone new starts working on the API, even if
that means cleaning up their novice mistakes behind them, but I'd be
honored if you came back, since you're anything but a novice ;)

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)