XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Ariel Glenn WMF
We now have three mirror sites, yay!  The full list is linked to from
http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ and is also available at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors

Summarizing, we have:

C3L (Brazil) with the last 5 good known dumps,
Masaryk University (Czech Republic) with the last 5 known good dumps,
Your.org (USA) with the complete archive of dumps, and

for the latest version of uploaded media, Your.org with http/ftp/rsync
access.

Thanks to Carlos, Kevin and Yenya respectively at the above sites for
volunteering space, time and effort to make this happen.

As people noticed earlier, a series of media tarballs per-project
(excluding commons) is being generated.  As soon as the first run of
these is complete we'll announce its location and start generating them
on a semi-regular basis.

As we've been getting the bugs out of the mirroring setup, it is getting
easier to add new locations.  Know anyone interested?  Please let us
know; we would love to have them.

Ariel

Re: XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada
Good work. We are approaching finally to an indestructible corpus of
knowledge.

2012/5/17 Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]>

> We now have three mirror sites, yay!  The full list is linked to from
> http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ and is also available at
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors
>
> Summarizing, we have:
>
> C3L (Brazil) with the last 5 good known dumps,
> Masaryk University (Czech Republic) with the last 5 known good dumps,
> Your.org (USA) with the complete archive of dumps, and
>
> for the latest version of uploaded media, Your.org with http/ftp/rsync
> access.
>
> Thanks to Carlos, Kevin and Yenya respectively at the above sites for
> volunteering space, time and effort to make this happen.
>
> As people noticed earlier, a series of media tarballs per-project
> (excluding commons) is being generated.  As soon as the first run of
> these is complete we'll announce its location and start generating them
> on a semi-regular basis.
>
> As we've been getting the bugs out of the mirroring setup, it is getting
> easier to add new locations.  Know anyone interested?  Please let us
> know; we would love to have them.
>
> Ariel

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
Projects: AVBOT <http://code.google.com/p/avbot/> |
StatMediaWiki<http://statmediawiki.forja.rediris.es>
| WikiEvidens <http://code.google.com/p/wikievidens/> |
WikiPapers<http://wikipapers.referata.com>
| WikiTeam <http://code.google.com/p/wikiteam/>
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/emijrp/

Re: XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Mike DuPont
I am thinking about how to collect articles deleted based on the "not
notable" criteria,
is there any way we can extract them from the mysql binlogs? how are
these mirrors working? I would be interested in setting up a mirror of
deleted data, at least that which is not spam/vandalism based on tags.
mike

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We now have three mirror sites, yay!  The full list is linked to from
> http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ and is also available at
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors
>
> Summarizing, we have:
>
> C3L (Brazil) with the last 5 good known dumps,
> Masaryk University (Czech Republic) with the last 5 known good dumps,
> Your.org (USA) with the complete archive of dumps, and
>
> for the latest version of uploaded media, Your.org with http/ftp/rsync
> access.
>
> Thanks to Carlos, Kevin and Yenya respectively at the above sites for
> volunteering space, time and effort to make this happen.
>
> As people noticed earlier, a series of media tarballs per-project
> (excluding commons) is being generated.  As soon as the first run of
> these is complete we'll announce its location and start generating them
> on a semi-regular basis.
>
> As we've been getting the bugs out of the mirroring setup, it is getting
> easier to add new locations.  Know anyone interested?  Please let us
> know; we would love to have them.
>
> Ariel

James Michael DuPont
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Re: XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Ariel Glenn WMF
There's a few other reasons articles get deleted: copyright issues,
personal identifying data, etc.  This makes maintaning the sort of
mirror you propose problematic, although a similar mirror is here:
http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page

The dumps contain only data publically available at the time of the run,
without deleted data.

The articles aren't permanently deleted of course.  The revisions texts
live on in the database, so a query on toolserver, for example, could be
used to get at them, but that would need to be for research purposes.

Ariel

Στις 17-05-2012, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 13:30 +0200, ο/η Mike Dupont έγραψε:

> Hi,
> I am thinking about how to collect articles deleted based on the "not
> notable" criteria,
> is there any way we can extract them from the mysql binlogs? how are
> these mirrors working? I would be interested in setting up a mirror of
> deleted data, at least that which is not spam/vandalism based on tags.
> mike
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > We now have three mirror sites, yay!  The full list is linked to from
> > http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ and is also available at
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors
> >
> > Summarizing, we have:
> >
> > C3L (Brazil) with the last 5 good known dumps,
> > Masaryk University (Czech Republic) with the last 5 known good dumps,
> > Your.org (USA) with the complete archive of dumps, and
> >
> > for the latest version of uploaded media, Your.org with http/ftp/rsync
> > access.
> >
> > Thanks to Carlos, Kevin and Yenya respectively at the above sites for
> > volunteering space, time and effort to make this happen.
> >
> > As people noticed earlier, a series of media tarballs per-project
> > (excluding commons) is being generated.  As soon as the first run of
> > these is complete we'll announce its location and start generating them
> > on a semi-regular basis.
> >
> > As we've been getting the bugs out of the mirroring setup, it is getting
> > easier to add new locations.  Know anyone interested?  Please let us
> > know; we would love to have them.
> >
> > Ariel

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Platonides
On 17/05/12 14:23, Ariel T. Glenn wrote:
> There's a few other reasons articles get deleted: copyright issues,
> personal identifying data, etc.  This makes maintaning the sort of
> mirror you propose problematic, although a similar mirror is here:
> http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> The dumps contain only data publically available at the time of the run,
> without deleted data.
>
> The articles aren't permanently deleted of course.

And is a much better way to retrieve them than the binlogs
(which are only kept for a short time anyway).

> The revisions texts live on in the database,

> so a query on toolserver, for example, could be used to get at them,
> but that would need to be for research purposes.

Not really.
You could get a list of deleted titles/authors from the toolserver, but
not the page contents, which for some strange reason are not replicated
there (not even available to the roots).

Re: XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada
You can create a script that uses Special:Export to export all articles in
the deletion categories just before they are deleted.

Then import them into your "Deletionpedia".

2012/5/17 Mike Dupont <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
> I am thinking about how to collect articles deleted based on the "not
> notable" criteria,
> is there any way we can extract them from the mysql binlogs? how are
> these mirrors working? I would be interested in setting up a mirror of
> deleted data, at least that which is not spam/vandalism based on tags.
> mike
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > We now have three mirror sites, yay!  The full list is linked to from
> > http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ and is also available at
> >
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors
> >
> > Summarizing, we have:
> >
> > C3L (Brazil) with the last 5 good known dumps,
> > Masaryk University (Czech Republic) with the last 5 known good dumps,
> > Your.org (USA) with the complete archive of dumps, and
> >
> > for the latest version of uploaded media, Your.org with http/ftp/rsync
> > access.
> >
> > Thanks to Carlos, Kevin and Yenya respectively at the above sites for
> > volunteering space, time and effort to make this happen.
> >
> > As people noticed earlier, a series of media tarballs per-project
> > (excluding commons) is being generated.  As soon as the first run of
> > these is complete we'll announce its location and start generating them
> > on a semi-regular basis.
> >
> > As we've been getting the bugs out of the mirroring setup, it is getting
> > easier to add new locations.  Know anyone interested?  Please let us
> > know; we would love to have them.
> >
> > Ariel

> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
Projects: AVBOT <http://code.google.com/p/avbot/> |
StatMediaWiki<http://statmediawiki.forja.rediris.es>
| WikiEvidens <http://code.google.com/p/wikievidens/> |
WikiPapers<http://wikipapers.referata.com>
| WikiTeam <http://code.google.com/p/wikiteam/>
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/emijrp/

Re: XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Mike DuPont
Well I whould be happy for items like this :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Db-a7
would it be possible to extract them easily?
mike

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's a few other reasons articles get deleted: copyright issues,
> personal identifying data, etc.  This makes maintaning the sort of
> mirror you propose problematic, although a similar mirror is here:
> http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> The dumps contain only data publically available at the time of the run,
> without deleted data.
>
> The articles aren't permanently deleted of course.  The revisions texts
> live on in the database, so a query on toolserver, for example, could be
> used to get at them, but that would need to be for research purposes.
>
> Ariel
>
> Στις 17-05-2012, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 13:30 +0200, ο/η Mike Dupont έγραψε:
>> Hi,
>> I am thinking about how to collect articles deleted based on the "not
>> notable" criteria,
>> is there any way we can extract them from the mysql binlogs? how are
>> these mirrors working? I would be interested in setting up a mirror of
>> deleted data, at least that which is not spam/vandalism based on tags.
>> mike
>>
>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > We now have three mirror sites, yay!  The full list is linked to from
>> > http://dumps.wikimedia.org/ and is also available at
>> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors
>> >
>> > Summarizing, we have:
>> >
>> > C3L (Brazil) with the last 5 good known dumps,
>> > Masaryk University (Czech Republic) with the last 5 known good dumps,
>> > Your.org (USA) with the complete archive of dumps, and
>> >
>> > for the latest version of uploaded media, Your.org with http/ftp/rsync
>> > access.
>> >
>> > Thanks to Carlos, Kevin and Yenya respectively at the above sites for
>> > volunteering space, time and effort to make this happen.
>> >
>> > As people noticed earlier, a series of media tarballs per-project
>> > (excluding commons) is being generated.  As soon as the first run of
>> > these is complete we'll announce its location and start generating them
>> > on a semi-regular basis.
>> >
>> > As we've been getting the bugs out of the mirroring setup, it is getting
>> > easier to add new locations.  Know anyone interested?  Please let us
>> > know; we would love to have them.
>> >
>> > Ariel

James Michael DuPont
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Re: XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada
Create a script that makes a request to Special:Export using this category
as feed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Candidates_for_speedy_deletion

More info https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_Special:Export

2012/5/21 Mike Dupont <[hidden email]>

> Well I whould be happy for items like this :
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Db-a7
> would it be possible to extract them easily?
> mike
>
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > There's a few other reasons articles get deleted: copyright issues,
> > personal identifying data, etc.  This makes maintaning the sort of
> > mirror you propose problematic, although a similar mirror is here:
> > http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page
> >
> > The dumps contain only data publically available at the time of the run,
> > without deleted data.
> >
> > The articles aren't permanently deleted of course.  The revisions texts
> > live on in the database, so a query on toolserver, for example, could be
> > used to get at them, but that would need to be for research purposes.
> >
> > Ariel
> >
> > Στις 17-05-2012, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 13:30 +0200, ο/η Mike Dupont έγραψε:
> >> Hi,
> >> I am thinking about how to collect articles deleted based on the "not
> >> notable" criteria,
> >> is there any way we can extract them from the mysql binlogs? how are
> >> these mirrors working? I would be interested in setting up a mirror of
> >> deleted data, at least that which is not spam/vandalism based on tags.
> >> mike

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors

> them

> getting

> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
Projects: AVBOT <http://code.google.com/p/avbot/> |
StatMediaWiki<http://statmediawiki.forja.rediris.es>
| WikiEvidens <http://code.google.com/p/wikievidens/> |
WikiPapers<http://wikipapers.referata.com>
| WikiTeam <http://code.google.com/p/wikiteam/>
Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/emijrp/

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Mike DuPont
Thanks! and run that 1 time per day, they dont get deleted that quickly.
mike

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM, emijrp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Create a script that makes a request to Special:Export using this category
> as feed
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Candidates_for_speedy_deletion
>
> More info https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_Special:Export
>

> 2012/5/21 Mike Dupont <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Well I whould be happy for items like this :
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Db-a7
>> would it be possible to extract them easily?
>> mike
>>
>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Ariel T. Glenn <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > There's a few other reasons articles get deleted: copyright issues,
>> > personal identifying data, etc.  This makes maintaning the sort of
>> > mirror you propose problematic, although a similar mirror is here:
>> > http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page
>> >
>> > The dumps contain only data publically available at the time of the run,
>> > without deleted data.
>> >
>> > The articles aren't permanently deleted of course.  The revisions texts
>> > live on in the database, so a query on toolserver, for example, could be
>> > used to get at them, but that would need to be for research purposes.
>> >
>> > Ariel
>> >
>> > Στις 17-05-2012, ημέρα Πεμ, και ώρα 13:30 +0200, ο/η Mike Dupont έγραψε:

>> --
>> James Michael DuPont
>> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
>> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
>> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

> Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
> Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
> Projects: AVBOT | StatMediaWiki | WikiEvidens | WikiPapers | WikiTeam
> Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/emijrp/

James Michael DuPont
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Mike DuPont
first version of the Script is ready , it gets the versions, puts them
in a zip and puts that on archive.org
https://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/pywikipediabot/blob/master/export_deleted.py

here is an example output :
http://archive.org/details/wikipedia-delete-2012-05
http://ia601203.us.archive.org/24/items/wikipedia-delete-2012-05/archive2012-05-28T21:34:02.302183.zip

I will cron this, and it should give a start of saving deleted data.
Articles will be exported once a day, even if they they were exported
yesterday as long as they are in one of the categories.

mike

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Mike  Dupont
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks! and run that 1 time per day, they dont get deleted that quickly.
> mike
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM, emijrp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Create a script that makes a request to Special:Export using this category
>> as feed
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Candidates_for_speedy_deletion
>>
>> More info https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_Special:Export
>>

>> 2012/5/21 Mike Dupont <[hidden email]>
>>>
>>> Well I whould be happy for items like this :
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Db-a7
>>> would it be possible to extract them easily?
>>> mike

>>> --
>>> James Michael DuPont
>>> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
>>> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
>>> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

>> --
>> Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
>> Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
>> Projects: AVBOT | StatMediaWiki | WikiEvidens | WikiPapers | WikiTeam
>> Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/emijrp/

> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

--
James Michael DuPont
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Hydriz Scholz
This is quite nice, though the item's metadata is too little :)

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Mike Dupont <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> first version of the Script is ready , it gets the versions, puts them
> in a zip and puts that on archive.org
> https://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/pywikipediabot/blob/master/export_deleted.py
>
> here is an example output :
> http://archive.org/details/wikipedia-delete-2012-05
>
> http://ia601203.us.archive.org/24/items/wikipedia-delete-2012-05/archive2012-05-28T21:34:02.302183.zip
>
> I will cron this, and it should give a start of saving deleted data.
> Articles will be exported once a day, even if they they were exported
> yesterday as long as they are in one of the categories.
>
> mike
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Mike  Dupont
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks! and run that 1 time per day, they dont get deleted that quickly.
> > mike
> >
> > On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM, emijrp <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Create a script that makes a request to Special:Export using this
> category
> >> as feed
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Candidates_for_speedy_deletion
> >>
> >> More info
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_Special:Export

> run,

> texts
> could be

> έγραψε:
> "not
> of
> tags.

> [hidden email]>
> from
> >>> >> >

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors

> dumps,

> for

> of

> us

> >> --
> >> Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada. E-mail: emijrp AT gmail DOT com
> >> Pre-doctoral student at the University of Cádiz (Spain)
> >> Projects: AVBOT | StatMediaWiki | WikiEvidens | WikiPapers | WikiTeam
> >> Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/emijrp/

> > James Michael DuPont
> > Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> > Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> > Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3
>

> --
> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Hydriz

We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Mike DuPont
Well, I have now updated the script to include  the xml dump in raw
format. I will have to add more information the achive.org item, at
least a basic readme.
other thing is that the wikipybot does not support the full history it
seems, so that I will have to move over to the wikiteam version and
rework it,
I just spent 2 hours on this so i am pretty happy for the first version.

mike

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Hydriz Wikipedia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is quite nice, though the item's metadata is too little :)
>
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Mike Dupont <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> first version of the Script is ready , it gets the versions, puts them
>> in a zip and puts that on archive.org
>> https://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/pywikipediabot/blob/master/export_deleted.py
>>
>> here is an example output :
>> http://archive.org/details/wikipedia-delete-2012-05
>>
>> http://ia601203.us.archive.org/24/items/wikipedia-delete-2012-05/archive2012-05-28T21:34:02.302183.zip
>>
>> I will cron this, and it should give a start of saving deleted data.
>> Articles will be exported once a day, even if they they were exported
>> yesterday as long as they are in one of the categories.
>>
>> mike
>>
>> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM, Mike  Dupont
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Thanks! and run that 1 time per day, they dont get deleted that quickly.
>> > mike

>> category

>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Parameters_to_Special:Export

>> run,

>> texts
>> could be

>> έγραψε:
>> "not
>> of
>> tags.

>> [hidden email]>
>> from
>> >>> >> >

>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mirroring_Wikimedia_project_XML_dumps#Current_Mirrors

>> dumps,

>> for

>> of

>> us

>> > --
>> > James Michael DuPont
>> > Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
>> > Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
>> > Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3
>>

>> --
>> James Michael DuPont
>> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
>> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
>> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

> Regards,
> Hydriz
>
> We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
> protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

James Michael DuPont
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Mike DuPont
Ok, I merged the code from wikteam and have a full history dump script
that uploads to archive.org,
next step is to fix the bucket metadata in the script
mike

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:08 AM, Mike  Dupont
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>>> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
>>> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Hydriz
>>
>> We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
>> protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

--
James Michael DuPont
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

https://github.com/h4ck3rm1k3/wikiteam code here

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 6:26 AM, Mike  Dupont
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, I merged the code from wikteam and have a full history dump script
> that uploads to archive.org,
> next step is to fix the bucket metadata in the script
> mike
>
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:08 AM, Mike  Dupont
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Well, I have now updated the script to include  the xml dump in raw
>> format. I will have to add more information the achive.org item, at
>> least a basic readme.
>> other thing is that the wikipybot does not support the full history it
>> seems, so that I will have to move over to the wikiteam version and
>> rework it,
>> I just spent 2 hours on this so i am pretty happy for the first version.
>>
>> mike
>>
>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:52 AM, Hydriz Wikipedia <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This is quite nice, though the item's metadata is too little :)
>>>
>>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Mike Dupont <[hidden email]

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Hydriz
>>>
>>> We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
>>> protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org
>>

>> --
>> James Michael DuPont
>> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
>> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
>> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3
>

> --
> James Michael DuPont
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://flossk.org
> Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
> Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

--
James Michael DuPont
Contributor FOSM, the CC-BY-SA map of the world http://fosm.org
Mozilla Rep https://reps.mozilla.org/u/h4ck3rm1k3

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Huib Laurens
I'm still intressted in running a mirror also, like noted on Meta and send
out earlier per mail also.

I'm just wondering, why is there no rsync possibility from the main server?
Its "strange" when we need to rsync from a mirror.

--
*Kind regards,

Huib Laurens**

Certified cPanel Specialist
Certified Kaspersky Specialist
**
WickedWay Webhosting, webhosting the wicked way!

www.wickedway.nl - www.wickedway.be* .

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Hydriz Scholz
Eh, mirrors rsync directly from dataset1001.wikimedia.org, see rsync
dataset1001.wikimedia.org::

However, the system limits the rsyncers to only mirrors, to prevent others
from rsyncing directly from Wikimedia.

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Huib Laurens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm still intressted in running a mirror also, like noted on Meta and send
> out earlier per mail also.
>
> I'm just wondering, why is there no rsync possibility from the main server?
> Its "strange" when we need to rsync from a mirror.
>
> --
> *Kind regards,
>
> Huib Laurens**
>
> Certified cPanel Specialist
> Certified Kaspersky Specialist
> **
> WickedWay Webhosting, webhosting the wicked way!
>
> www.wickedway.nl - www.wickedway.be* .

Hydriz

We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Huib Laurens
Ok, cool.

And how will I get wikimedia to allow our IP to rsync?

Best,

Huib

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Hydriz Wikipedia <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Eh, mirrors rsync directly from dataset1001.wikimedia.org, see rsync
> dataset1001.wikimedia.org::
>
> However, the system limits the rsyncers to only mirrors, to prevent others
> from rsyncing directly from Wikimedia.
>
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Huib Laurens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'm still intressted in running a mirror also, like noted on Meta and
> send
> > out earlier per mail also.
> >
> > I'm just wondering, why is there no rsync possibility from the main
> server?
> > Its "strange" when we need to rsync from a mirror.
> >
> > --
> > *Kind regards,
> >
> > Huib Laurens**
> >
> > Certified cPanel Specialist
> > Certified Kaspersky Specialist
> > **
> > WickedWay Webhosting, webhosting the wicked way!
> >
> > www.wickedway.nl - www.wickedway.be* .

> Regards,
> Hydriz
>
> We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
> protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Kind regards,

Huib Laurens
WickedWay.nl

Webhosting the wicked way.

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Hydriz Scholz
Ariel will do that :)

BTW just dig around inside their puppet configuration repository on Gerrit
and you can know more :)

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Huib Laurens <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, cool.
>
> And how will I get wikimedia to allow our IP to rsync?
>
> Best,
>
> Huib
>
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Hydriz Wikipedia <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Eh, mirrors rsync directly from dataset1001.wikimedia.org, see rsync
> > dataset1001.wikimedia.org::
> >
> > However, the system limits the rsyncers to only mirrors, to prevent
> others
> > from rsyncing directly from Wikimedia.
> >
> > On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm still intressted in running a mirror also, like noted on Meta and
> > send
> > > out earlier per mail also.
> > >
> > > I'm just wondering, why is there no rsync possibility from the main
> > server?
> > > Its "strange" when we need to rsync from a mirror.
> > >
> > > --
> > > *Kind regards,
> > >
> > > Huib Laurens**
> > >
> > > Certified cPanel Specialist
> > > Certified Kaspersky Specialist
> > > **
> > > WickedWay Webhosting, webhosting the wicked way!
> > >
> > > www.wickedway.nl - www.wickedway.be* .

> > Regards,
> > Hydriz
> >
> > We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history.
> Help
> > protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

> Kind regards,
>
> Huib Laurens
> WickedWay.nl
>
> Webhosting the wicked way.

Hydriz

We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Huib Laurens
Ok.

I mailed Ariel about this, if all goes will I can have the mirror up and
running by Friday.

Best,
Huib

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Hydriz Wikipedia <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Ariel will do that :)
>
> BTW just dig around inside their puppet configuration repository on Gerrit
> and you can know more :)
>
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Huib Laurens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Ok, cool.
> >
> > And how will I get wikimedia to allow our IP to rsync?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Huib
> >
> > On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Hydriz Wikipedia <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Eh, mirrors rsync directly from dataset1001.wikimedia.org, see rsync
> > > dataset1001.wikimedia.org::
> > >
> > > However, the system limits the rsyncers to only mirrors, to prevent
> > others
> > > from rsyncing directly from Wikimedia.

> > > send

> > > server?

> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Hydriz
> > >
> > > We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history.
> > Help
> > > protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Huib Laurens
> > WickedWay.nl
> >
> > Webhosting the wicked way.

> Regards,
> Hydriz
>
> We've created the greatest collection of shared knowledge in history. Help
> protect Wikipedia. Donate now: http://donate.wikimedia.org

Kind regards,

Huib Laurens
WickedWay.nl

Webhosting the wicked way.

Re: [Xmldatadumps-l] XML dumps/Media mirrors update

Hydriz Scholz
Do you have a url that you can reveal so that some of us can have a sneak
peak? :P