Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Gordon Joly

FYI,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London_8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London

8TH LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP
Saturday February 9th, 2008
6 PM - WHENEVER
@The Pembury Tavern, E8

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

Re: Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Gordon Joly
At 12:55 +0000 23/1/08, Gordon Joly wrote:

>FYI,
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London_8
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London
>

>8TH LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP
>Saturday February 9th, 2008
>6 PM - WHENEVER
>@The Pembury Tavern, E8
>
>Gordo

And the plan is to get together in London on monthly basis.

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

Re: Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Arkady Rose
Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI,
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London_8
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London
>

> 8TH LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP
> Saturday February 9th, 2008
> 6 PM - WHENEVER
> @The Pembury Tavern, E8
>
> Gordo

You seem to have a real knack for picking dates when David G can't make
it, don't you? He's on call that weekend!

One would almost suppose there was a conspiracy to keep him away from
wikimeets.... ;-)

-a

Re: Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Majorly
On 01/02/2008, Arkady Rose <[hidden email]> wrote:
Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
> FYI,
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London_8
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/London
>

> 8TH LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP
> Saturday February 9th, 2008
> 6 PM - WHENEVER
> @The Pembury Tavern, E8
>
> Gordo

You seem to have a real knack for picking dates when David G can't make
it, don't you? He's on call that weekend!

One would almost suppose there was a conspiracy to keep him away from
wikimeets.... ;-)

-a

The best thing then would be for Dave to organise a meetup...

--
Alex (Majorly)

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Majorly

Re: Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Peter Cohen-2

> > 8TH LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP
> > Saturday February 9th, 2008
> > 6 PM - WHENEVER
> > @The Pembury Tavern, E8
> >
> > Gordo
> >

> You seem to have a real knack for picking dates when David G can't
> make it, don't you? He's on call that weekend!
>
> One would almost suppose there was a conspiracy to keep him away
> from wikimeets.... ;-)

It's been postponed

At 09:37 +0000 2/2/08, Peter Cohen wrote:

>>  > 8TH LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP
>>  > Saturday February 9th, 2008
>>  > 6 PM - WHENEVER
>>  > @The Pembury Tavern, E8
>>  >
>>  > Gordo
>>  >
>>  >
>>  You seem to have a real knack for picking dates when David G can't
>>  make it, don't you? He's on call that weekend!
>>
>>  One would almost suppose there was a conspiracy to keep him away
>>  from wikimeets.... ;-)
>
>It's been postponed

And I am not sure why.

There seems to be a suggestion that Sunday nights at the Pembury are
planned for a weekly (!!) meet up. I plan to be there this week
(Sunday 17th February). I know at least one other wikipedian who may
appear...

Anybody care to join me to discuss Wiki related topics? Check with
the bar staff for the location of a wiki types.

David G is also a clue about the location of the Wikimedia UK action.
Look out for him!

Gordo

On 13/02/2008, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There seems to be a suggestion that Sunday nights at the Pembury are
> planned for a weekly (!!) meet up. I plan to be there this week
> (Sunday 17th February). I know at least one other wikipedian who may
> appear...

Well, I'm going to be there for my birthday drinks this Sunday, it
being relatively near my birthday ;-) 7pmish, feel free to wander on
down!

- d.

At 13:50 +0000 13/2/08, David Gerard wrote:

>On 13/02/2008, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  There seems to be a suggestion that Sunday nights at the Pembury are
>  > planned for a weekly (!!) meet up. I plan to be there this week
>>  (Sunday 17th February). I know at least one other wikipedian who may
>>  appear...
>

>Well, I'm going to be there for my birthday drinks this Sunday, it
>being relatively near my birthday ;-) 7pmish, feel free to wander on
>down!
>
>- d.

Trebles all round!

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

Re: Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Chris McKenna
On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, David Gerard wrote:

> On 13/02/2008, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There seems to be a suggestion that Sunday nights at the Pembury are
>> planned for a weekly (!!) meet up. I plan to be there this week
>> (Sunday 17th February). I know at least one other wikipedian who may
>> appear...
>

> Well, I'm going to be there for my birthday drinks this Sunday, it
> being relatively near my birthday ;-) 7pmish, feel free to wander on
> down!

I might be there, but as I wont get into Paddington until 18:31 (assuming
Worst Late Western are on time) it wont be before about 7:30pm at the
earliest. It will also depend on how knackered I am and how much stuff
I've got with me!

Chris

--
Chris McKenna

[hidden email]
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Re: Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Ian A. Holton
I'll probably make an appearance sometime during the evening. :)

Ian [[User:Poeloq]]

At 01:59 +0000 14/2/08, Ian A Holton wrote:

>I'll probably make an appearance sometime during the evening. :)
>
>Ian [[User:Poeloq]]

So, is this an official Wiki Meet?

:D

Gordo

On 14/02/2008, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So, is this an official Wiki Meet?
>  :D

No it isn't. It's all about MEEEE.

- d.

On Thu, 2008-02-14 at 09:21 +0000, David Gerard wrote:

> On 14/02/2008, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > So, is this an official Wiki Meet?
> >  :D
>

> No it isn't. It's all about MEEEE.
>

> - d.
Official or not official: what's the difference :P Let's just have a few
pints, chat about wiki stuff and celebrate a Wikipedians birthday :)

Ian [[User:Poeloq]]

At 09:21 +0000 14/2/08, David Gerard wrote:

>On 14/02/2008, Gordon Joly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  So, is this an official Wiki Meet?
>>   :D
>

>No it isn't. It's all about MEEEE.
>
>- d.

Good. That's settled then!

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[hidden email]///

Re: Yet Another London Wiki Meet!

Ian A. Holton
Oh dear, looks like I'm busy this evening after all. Sorry, but probably
won't make it afterall :(

Ian