accessing api of private wiki

thomas.topway.it
Hello,
   we have set-up a private wiki and we would like
to access the api from a non logged-in client, in order to show
a whitelisted page. (specifically the images within it).
As we see at the moment you can only enable/disable
access to the api through the file LocalSettings.php
but you cannot provide access to the api by
default, and then checking if the content of the response
contains whitelisted categories. (that is if the response itself is allowed
rather than the generic query to the api)
I have checked the code and this seems possible
by principle, so I'm here to ask if someone has forked
the api in this way or whether we can implement it
for the master distribution, as I think could be
desirable.
(Thomas)

to be a bot

wp1080397-lsrs wp1080397-lsrs

Dear friend of media wiki,

I am currently working in a private instance of wikidata, we have had issues with edition output, and as I understood with a bot this procedure could be faster. I mean data load.
The case is that I am operating an account for which I created "bot-passwords", however when I edit, in the recent changes page all edition appears as "human edits", not as bot edits, then my question is, at first, if i am really operating a bot?, and if this is the case, how can I see the bot name in the recent changes?, given that for every bot password I set, the system request a bot name, however I do not see any edition as bot, or such bot name I set, as an output.

Thanks in advanced for your comments.

Best regards

Luis Ramos

Senior Java Developer

(Semantic Web Developer)

PST.AG

Jena, Germany.

Re: to be a bot

Max Semenik
Generally, API actions that modify the state of the wiki require users to explicitly request their changes to be marked as bot, despite any bot flags. The convention used by both core's action=edit and Wikibase's modules like action=wbcreateclaim is to use the bot parameter for this, for example see in the sandbox:  https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:ApiSandbox#action=wbcreateclaim&bot=1

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 11:59 AM wp1080397-lsrs wp1080397-lsrs <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Best regards,
Max Semenik ([[User:MaxSem]])