backup formats

Rusel DeMaria
My mediawiki is hosted by my domain host, and they offer a backup service.
However, I'm not sure what format to use to backup the database so that it
can be easily restored. They offer several. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: backup formats

umut d.
full sql dump should be perfect I guess.
Of couse you will need files, too....

On 4/3/06, Rusel DeMaria <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My mediawiki is hosted by my domain host, and they offer a backup service.
> However, I'm not sure what format to use to backup the database so that it
> can be easily restored. They offer several. Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks

Re: backup formats

MHart
I would second that - a SQL dump is best. I've restored a newer SQL dump to
an older database version by directly modifying the SQL.

- MHart