bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

rupert THURNER-2
hi,

i am wondering if these bylaws are current, and if yes, WMCH should use them:
http://www2.zhlex.zh.ch/appl/zhlex_r.nsf/0/C1256C610039641BC12568DA0030DBBA/$file/432.211_21.1.14_28.pdf

they say:
V. Anschluss von Vereinigungen
§ 12. Vereine oder andere juristische Personen, die der Zentralbi-
bliothek jährlich mindestens Fr. 2000 in Barschaft oder geeigneten
Sammlungsgegenständen zuwenden, sind berechtigt, einen Abgeord-
neten in die Bibliothekskommission zu ernennen. Solche Abgeordnete
haben beratende Stimme.

in english:
corporate bodies (WMCH is such a thing) which pay CHF 2000 to the
central library may appoint a person into the library commission. this
is not a voting role, but advisory role.

the library commission is the "board" of the zentralbibliothek:
http://www2.zhlex.zh.ch/appl/zhlex_r.nsf/0/C1256C610039641BC12568DA0030E62E/$file/432.212_11.2.15_28.pdf

rupert

Re: bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

Andreas Bürki
Hello

Am 29.04.2014 05:55, schrieb rupert THURNER:
> hi,
>
> i am wondering if these bylaws are current, and if yes, WMCH should use them:
> http://www2.zhlex.zh.ch/appl/zhlex_r.nsf/0/C1256C610039641BC12568DA0030DBBA/$file/432.211_21.1.14_28.pdf

This document is still in power (See "source" below).

Please note, that this document are not the bylaws, but rather something
like the legal ordinance, describing some more details about the
organization of the "daily business". - See § 11 of bylaws of the
foundation (below).

Bylaws are here:
https://www.zh.ch/internet/de/rechtliche_grundlagen/gesetze/loseblatt-_und_offiziellesammlung/nach_ordnungsnummer.html?view=detail&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww2.zhlex.zh.ch%2fappl%2fzhlex_r.nsf%2fD%3fOpen%26f%3dxmlsammlungnachordnungsnr%26docid%3dA25D601E7183EA17C1257C04003E54F9

Source:
https://www.zh.ch/internet/de/rechtliche_grundlagen/gesetze/loseblatt-_und_offiziellesammlung/nach_ordnungsnummer.html

> they say:
> V. Anschluss von Vereinigungen
> § 12. Vereine oder andere juristische Personen, die der Zentralbi-
> bliothek jährlich mindestens Fr. 2000 in Barschaft oder geeigneten
> Sammlungsgegenständen zuwenden, sind berechtigt, einen Abgeord-
> neten in die Bibliothekskommission zu ernennen. Solche Abgeordnete
> haben beratende Stimme.
>
> in english:
> corporate bodies (WMCH is such a thing) which pay CHF 2000 to the
> central library may appoint a person into the library commission. this
> is not a voting role, but advisory role.
>
> the library commission is the "board" of the zentralbibliothek:
> http://www2.zhlex.zh.ch/appl/zhlex_r.nsf/0/C1256C610039641BC12568DA0030E62E/$file/432.212_11.2.15_28.pdf

Right. - This commission "reports" to the founders, canton and city of
Zurich. Commission members elected by the founders only, have voting
power. Others (paying members) may consult or advise only (I.
Bibliothekskommission § 1.), if they pay the annual fee of CHF 2000.

§ 5 describes what this commission should or has to do.

Cheeers, h.

PS Personal opinion: A bit expensive for a couple of drinks and snacks
per year (if there is not a vital interest)...

> rupert

Andreas Bürki

[hidden email]
S/MIME certificate - SHA1 fingerprint:
ED:A5:F3:60:70:8B:4C:16:44:18:96:AE:67:B9:CA:77:AE:DA:83:11
GnuPG - GPG fingerprint:
5DA7 5F48 25BD D2D7 E488 05DF 5A99 A321 7E42 0227

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

Stéphane Coillet-Matillon-2
I think it is a good idea if we know what we want to "advise" them about and/or no one we know is already there - at this stage I agree with Andreas that there is no urgency to join (unless the snacks are really good), but it is very good to know in any case. Thanks Rupert!

Follow-up question: has anyone seen this type of provision in other bodies?

Am 29.04.2014 19:35, schrieb rupert THURNER:
> I d have only one point to advise: if there is a project at ZB,
> wikipedia should be included. This is currently not the case. ZB got a
> couple of millions to digitize contents, included is to enter this in
> their digital portal. The last little step to upload it to commons was
> forgotten. This is not surprising  as nobody of the decision makers is
> aware how simple this step could be implemented.

Maybe some lobbying (e.g. talks, discussions, presentations, "wining &
dinning", explaining and "selling" the "reason why") to individual
Members of the Bibliothekskommission would do the job as well?

If we are talking about this Zentralbibliothek:
http://www.zb.uzh.ch/profil/jahresberichte/index.html.de

Members of the Bibliothekskommission are listed on page 31 of the latest
available annual report:
http://www.zb.uzh.ch/Medien/zb_jahresbericht_2012_def.pdf

But i agree that there
> is no urgency  as both wikipedia and zb will stick around for longer :)

Wikipedia for sure :-) - zb hopefully as well.

Cheeers, h.

> Rupert
>
> Am 29.04.2014 12:12 schrieb "Stéphane Coillet-Matillon"
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     I think it is a good idea if we know what we want to "advise" them
>     about and/or no one we know is already there - at this stage I agree
>     with Andreas that there is no urgency to join (unless the snacks are
>     /really/ good), but it is very good to know in any case. Thanks Rupert!
>
>     Follow-up question: has anyone seen this type of provision in other
>     bodies?

Andreas Bürki

[hidden email]
S/MIME certificate - SHA1 fingerprint:
ED:A5:F3:60:70:8B:4C:16:44:18:96:AE:67:B9:CA:77:AE:DA:83:11
GnuPG - GPG fingerprint:
5DA7 5F48 25BD D2D7 E488 05DF 5A99 A321 7E42 0227

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

Patrick Kenel
I agree with the statements that I read so far. There's really no need for financial contribution to become part of the library commission, but for more lobbying and outreach.

BTW: The user account of the ZB Zürich on de-WP is 6 years old, hasn't been in use for more than a year and, as you can see, it has been blocked just a few days ago: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:Zentralbibliothek_Z%C3%BCrich. The reason according to the admin is a lack of verifiability. Rupert, could you please ask a person in charge at the ZB to contact the Support Team as indicated? Thank you.

Regards,

Patrick Kenel
~~~~
www.wikimedia.ch

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 20:24:25 +0200
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Wikimediach-l] bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

Am 29.04.2014 19:35, schrieb rupert THURNER:
> I d have only one point to advise: if there is a project at ZB,
> wikipedia should be included. This is currently not the case. ZB got a
> couple of millions to digitize contents, included is to enter this in
> their digital portal. The last little step to upload it to commons was
> forgotten. This is not surprising as nobody of the decision makers is
> aware how simple this step could be implemented.

Maybe some lobbying (e.g. talks, discussions, presentations, "wining &
dinning", explaining and "selling" the "reason why") to individual
Members of the Bibliothekskommission would do the job as well?

If we are talking about this Zentralbibliothek:
http://www.zb.uzh.ch/profil/jahresberichte/index.html.de

Members of the Bibliothekskommission are listed on page 31 of the latest
available annual report:
http://www.zb.uzh.ch/Medien/zb_jahresbericht_2012_def.pdf

But i agree that there
> is no urgency as both wikipedia and zb will stick around for longer :)

Wikipedia for sure :-) - zb hopefully as well.

Cheeers, h.

> Rupert
>
> Am 29.04.2014 12:12 schrieb "Stéphane Coillet-Matillon"
> <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> I think it is a good idea if we know what we want to "advise" them
> about and/or no one we know is already there - at this stage I agree
> with Andreas that there is no urgency to join (unless the snacks are
> /really/ good), but it is very good to know in any case. Thanks Rupert!
>
> Follow-up question: has anyone seen this type of provision in other
> bodies?

Andreas Bürki

[hidden email]
S/MIME certificate - SHA1 fingerprint:
ED:A5:F3:60:70:8B:4C:16:44:18:96:AE:67:B9:CA:77:AE:DA:83:11
GnuPG - GPG fingerprint:
5DA7 5F48 25BD D2D7 E488 05DF 5A99 A321 7E42 0227

Re: bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

Frédéric Schütz
On 04/29/2014 07:35 PM, rupert THURNER wrote:

> But i agree that there
> is no urgency  as both wikipedia and zb will stick around for longer :)

Fun task: go back and collect all the press articles from around 2005
where people were cited saying "Wikipedia will be forgotten in less than
5 years" (I remember at least of couple of French people saying this).

F.

Re: bibliothekskommission zentralbibliothek zürich

Estermann Beat
This reminds me of a saying that has been around long before Wikipedia came along and will certainly survive it by millennia... ;-)

https://de.wiktionary.org/wiki/Hochmut_kommt_vor_dem_Fall

Beat

Am 30.04.2014 16:01, schrieb Frederic Schutz:
> On 04/29/2014 07:35 PM, rupert THURNER wrote:
>
>> But i agree that there
>> is no urgency  as both wikipedia and zb will stick around for longer :)
>
> Fun task: go back and collect all the press articles from around 2005
> where people were cited saying "Wikipedia will be forgotten in less than
> 5 years" (I remember at least of couple of French people saying this).

An other "fun style" message (soory, German language only :-():

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Plagiatsaffaere-um-Grosse-Seeschlachten-Verlag-verlangt-Diskussion-ueber-Wikipedia-2179887.html

Cheeers,
hugi