can someone access normally to wikis from Zurich?

can someone access normally to wikis from Zurich?

pikola Thierry
Hello,
I am Javier, the Spanish wikipedian living in Zurich.
After being in Spain for two months, I came back to ZH
and, surprised, I couldn´t go to any Wikimedia
project. I tried it with Firefox and with Internet
Explorer, and it didn´t work with any of them.

Afterwards I tried it with wikis which don´t belong to
Wikimedia, such as the one of the laptops for 100$
project. This wiki did not work neither. Therefore it
is not a problem with Wikimedia servers.

My conexion is with Cablecom. But I heard that it also
happened to another "Zürcher" using ADSL. Besides, I
asked the administrator of the net where my computer
is connected, and he told me that he didn´t make any
new configuration to the firewall, and that he can
neither connect to Wikipedia since two months ago,
approximately.

After all this, I don´t know what to do to get in
Wikipedia. Does somebody suffer something similar? Can
someone give me a clue to get out of this problem?

Thanks and regards,
Benutzer:Javier Carro

Re: can someone access normally to wikis from Zurich?

Ilario Valdelli
Zürich like China?

It could be ;)

Ilario
http://www.wikimedia.ch

pikola Thierry wrote:
> Hello,
> I am Javier, the Spanish wikipedian living in Zurich.
> After being in Spain for two months, I came back to ZH
> and, surprised, I couldn´t go to any Wikimedia
> project. I tried it with Firefox and with Internet
> Explorer, and it didn´t work with any of them.

Re: can someone access normally to wikis from Zurich?

Nando Stöcklin-2

2006/7/6, pikola Thierry <[hidden email]>:
[...]

You may try replacing the default nameserver with the nameservers given by Cablecom (Windows: Network connections --> Properties --> TCP/IP --> Properties).

Nando

Re: can someone access normally to wikis from Zurich?

thurner rupert
you mean http://wikimedia.ch/? it works now?

rupert
dani says only 10% of the people are ready to use wiki technology ...
http://wikimedia.ch