category in templates

jdd

category in templates

jdd
Hello :-)

I use a templete to complete my interwiki links

http://fr.opensuse.org/Modèle:IW

It would be convenient to group in a category all the pages
modified to have this template inserted, so I insert a
[[Categorie:IW prête]] in the template it self.

the category page seems not to list anything then the
template page itself (even if a relevant page is loaded and
the category listed at the end of the page..

http://fr.opensuse.org/Comment_participer

local problem or normal behavior?

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net

Re: category in templates

Rob Church
Either run the refreshLinks.php script from the command-line, or touch
each page yourself. Category link tables aren't updated for templates
until the including page changes.

Rob Church

On 21/02/06, jdd <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello :-)
>
> I use a templete to complete my interwiki links
>
> http://fr.opensuse.org/Modèle:IW
>
> It would be convenient to group in a category all the pages
> modified to have this template inserted, so I insert a
> [[Categorie:IW prête]] in the template it self.
>
> the category page seems not to list anything then the
> template page itself (even if a relevant page is loaded and
> the category listed at the end of the page..
>
> http://fr.opensuse.org/Comment_participer
>
> local problem or normal behavior?
>
> thanks
> jdd
> --
> http://www.dodin.net
> http://dodin.org/galerie_photo_web/expo/index.html
> http://lucien.dodin.net
> http://fr.susewiki.org/index.php?title=Gérer_ses_photos
jdd

Re: category in templates

jdd
Rob Church wrote:
> Either run the refreshLinks.php script from the command-line, or touch
> each page yourself. Category link tables aren't updated for templates
> until the including page changes.

good.

Mediawiki is a wonderfull piece of code, I'm often surprised
to see such intricated code works :-). Of course the update
can't be done anytime.

but this is not very important. I can go on with my
template, it works or will in a near future, thats good :-)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net