[/ch/open] Information OSS Roadmap]

Manuel Schneider [Everything Open]
Hi,

Michael already noted this on this mailinglist, now I got an invitation mail
to put all my OSS events into this agenda which will be published on March
1st.
Daedline is 31st January.

This would be our great chance to be listed in this official OSS roadmap (the
publishing is sponsored by IBM), so we should at least define a date for our
"Wikipedia Day". I will take care for the listing.
However, I don't see a chance to get our foundation date defined and listed as
we don't have any glue how long the translation will take and, furthermore,
how long it takes to get the approval by the Foundation.

We already had some critieria to find the date for the "Wikipedia Day" here
but it is still todo. One question: Do we have to care about the Soccer WM?
We have another OSS event in Germany (Race-Against-Root) and we planned it
after the WM as it will keep people away from caring about there preparations
for the event.

Greets,

Manuel
All-Things-Open Projektgruppe

[hidden email]
http://www.all-things-open.org/

RE: [/ch/open] Information OSS Roadmap]

Patrick Kenel

Why not start a poll on the meta site like the one for the last meeting, so that everybody could join in and propose a useful date. It's better than sending thousands of mails around on this mailing list.

My propositions are (without precise dates):

- in spring (March/April): founding assembly at the EPI in Zurich

- in late summer (end of August/early September): Wikipedia Day in Zurich or Basel or another city (location to be chosen)

What do you think about this?

Patrick K.

From:  "Manuel Schneider [Everything Open]" <[hidden email]>
Subject:  [Wikimediach-l] [/ch/open] Information OSS Roadmap]
Date:  Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:03:03 +0100

>Hi,
>
>Michael already noted this on this mailinglist, now I got an invitation mail
>to put all my OSS events into this agenda which will be published on March
>1st.
>Daedline is 31st January.
>
>This would be our great chance to be listed in this official OSS roadmap (the
>publishing is sponsored by IBM), so we should at least define a date for our
>"Wikipedia Day". I will take care for the listing.
>However, I don't see a chance to get our foundation date defined and listed as
>we don't have any glue how long the translation will take and, furthermore,
>how long it takes to get the approval by the Foundation.
>
>We already had some critieria to find the date for the "Wikipedia Day" here
>but it is still todo. One question: Do we have to care about the Soccer WM?
>We have another OSS event in Germany (Race-Against-Root) and we planned it
>after the WM as it will keep people away from caring about there preparations
>for the event.
>
>Greets,
>

>Manuel
>--
>All-Things-Open Projektgruppe
>
>[hidden email]
>http://www.all-things-open.org/

Re: [/ch/open] Information OSS Roadmap]

Gatto Nero
2006/1/11, Patrick Kenel <[hidden email]>:

> My propositions are (without precise dates)...

Just don't forget Wikimania2006 in July: better avoid this month.
'cause a loooooooot of people from all around the Europe will go to
Boston.
Vegan Pizza for all!

(Oh, ok... half of this message was sarcastic. But I repeat: better
don't choose July, 'cause of Wikimania)

Claudio/Gatto Nero
(http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utente:Gatto_Nero)

Re: [/ch/open] Information OSS Roadmap]

Manuel Schneider [Everything Open]
> <P>Why not start a poll on the meta site like the one for the last
> meeting,&nbsp;so that everybody could join in and propose a useful
> date.&nbsp;It's better than sending thousands of mails around on this
> mailing list.</P> <P>My&nbsp;propositions are (without precise dates):</P>
> <P>- in spring (March/April): founding assembly&nbsp;at the EPI in
> Zurich</P> <P>- in late summer (end of August/early&nbsp;September):
> Wikipedia Day in Zurich or&nbsp;Basel or another city (location&nbsp;to be
> chosen)</P> <P>What do you think about this?</P>
God idea, did that and entered all things which had been discussed on this
list:

http://ch.wikimedia.org/wiki/Events/Wikipedia_Day_2006

I ask everyone to link this page everywhere where sensible to get uninvolved
Wikipedians to this.

Greets,

Manuel

PS: Please fix your mails - HTML looks so bad.
All-Things-Open Projektgruppe