collation latin1_bin

a@kid
Is it normal for the collation of the page_title and page_touched
fields in the page table to be set to  latin1_bin while there is no
collation set for any of the other fields?

I'm asking because it seems to be preventing me from using CONCAT()
in a mysql query on a custom special page (although it's very likely
that my limited knowledge of mysql is actually the problem ;)

i'm getting the following mysql error message:
#1267 - Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_unicode_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation 'like'

thanks

Re: collation latin1_bin

a@kid
btw ... i'm not trying to get mysql support here ... just trying to
figure out whether the latin1_bin is normal before getting mysql
support elsewhere.

Re: collation latin1_bin

Zj Bean
are you using MySQL 4.1 or higher?

Re: collation latin1_bin

a@kid
"are you using MySQL 4.1 or higher?"

Yes ... 4.1.15

Re: collation latin1_bin

Zj Bean
in my experience,when you create tables in mysql,the end of the table will be

in mysql 4.1 or higher:ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1
in mysql 4.0:TYPE=MyISAM

i learn it by using the different version of AppServ(2.4.4a),maybe
this information will be helpful,and sorry for my poor english.