conditional statement in version 1.5.8 ??? (Template:Qif won't work)

conditional statement in version 1.5.8 ??? (Template:Qif won't work)

Erik Mermagen
Does anyone here know how to create a conditional statement in version
1.5.8 that I could use in a template?

if the stated variable is not defined
WHAT I WANT IS TO HAVE A TABLE ROW NOT APPEAR IF A STATED VARIABLE IS
NOT DEFINED.

For EXAMPLE:

"if" {{{lubrication}}} !null (is something) "then"
       <TR>
         <TD>{{{lubrication}}}</TD>
       </TR>
"else" don't show the table row at all. Leave that alone and continue
to the next conditional statement.

Another EXAMPLE would be On this page:
http://wikimoto.org/wikimoto/index.p...onda_CBR1100XX
  You can see the specifications table that is created by this template:
http://wikimoto.org/wikimoto/index.p...Template:Specs
  If you notice, the "Lubrication" variable definition is missing
because I have not defined the variable in the code. Since that is the
case, I would like that row to NOT appear in the table.

Another EXAMPLE would be if I have this code in my page I don't want
ANY of the rows to appear:
{{Specs|
category= |
msrp= |
engine_type= |
displacement= |
compression_ratio= |
fuel_system= |
ignition_system= |
cooling_system= |
lubrication= |
bore_stroke= |
starter= |
transmission= |
final_drive= |
more_details= |
lxwxh= |
dry_weight= |
wet_weight= |
wheelbase= |
seat_height= |
fuel_capacity= |
front_suspension= |
rear_suspension= |
front_brakes= |
rear_brakes= |
tires= |
rake= |
trail= |
power= |
torque= |
top_speed= |
quarter_mile= |
power_weight= |
}}

Thanks ahead of time for even reading this.
Erik Mermagen

Re: conditional statement in version 1.5.8 ??? (Template:Qif won't work)

Rotem Liss
No, as far as I understand - the template "qif" in the English Wikipedia
is based on default parameters values (e.g., "{{{Address|New York}}}"),
which exist only in REL1_6 (MediaWiki 1.6.0-1.6.2) and in MAIN (future
MediaWiki 1.7). You can just upgrade your wiki to MediaWiki 1.6.2.

Erik Mermagen wrote:

>Does anyone here know how to create a conditional statement in version
>1.5.8 that I could use in a template?
>
>if the stated variable is not defined
>WHAT I WANT IS TO HAVE A TABLE ROW NOT APPEAR IF A STATED VARIABLE IS
>NOT DEFINED.
>
>For EXAMPLE:
>
>"if" {{{lubrication}}} !null (is something) "then"
>       <TR>
>         <TD>{{{lubrication}}}</TD>
>       </TR>
>"else" don't show the table row at all. Leave that alone and continue
>to the next conditional statement.
>
>Another EXAMPLE would be On this page:
>http://wikimoto.org/wikimoto/index.p...onda_CBR1100XX
>  You can see the specifications table that is created by this template:
>http://wikimoto.org/wikimoto/index.p...Template:Specs
>  If you notice, the "Lubrication" variable definition is missing
>because I have not defined the variable in the code. Since that is the
>case, I would like that row to NOT appear in the table.
>
>Another EXAMPLE would be if I have this code in my page I don't want
>ANY of the rows to appear:
>{{Specs|
>category= |
>msrp= |
>engine_type= |
>displacement= |
>compression_ratio= |
>fuel_system= |
>ignition_system= |
>cooling_system= |
>lubrication= |
>bore_stroke= |
>starter= |
>transmission= |
>final_drive= |
>more_details= |
>lxwxh= |
>dry_weight= |
>wet_weight= |
>wheelbase= |
>seat_height= |
>fuel_capacity= |
>front_suspension= |
>rear_suspension= |
>front_brakes= |
>rear_brakes= |
>tires= |
>rake= |
>trail= |
>power= |
>torque= |
>top_speed= |
>quarter_mile= |
>power_weight= |
>}}
>
>Thanks ahead of time for even reading this.
>Erik Mermagen

Re: conditional statement in version 1.5.8 ??? (Template:Qif won't work)

Erik Mermagen
sorry. no I can't. can't upgrade MySQL on server. so can't upgrade
wiki. so can't use Template:Qif. Is this really the ONLY way to have a
conditional statement??