content associated with login after backup/restore

content associated with login after backup/restore

mediawiki.org
Hi -

I've just restored a mediawiki database from a couple of months ago,
using these instructions:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Database_dump_and_restore_examples

It seems to have worked but for one wierd thing.

One page serves up content as it was a couple of months ago, but
*only* if I'm logged in to mediawiki.  If I visit the page without
logging in, I see the latest and greatest as per the page's revision
history.

I've tried deleting cookies and logging in again, but that doesn't
help.  I've created a new user and this new user sees the same content
as you see without logging in.  It's as if mediawiki has decided that
it's going to show this specific user a specific version of this page.

Any suggestions on what could be happening or how to fix?

Thanks!

L.

Re: content associated with login after backup/restore

Rob Church

> Hi -
>
> I've just restored a mediawiki database from a couple of months ago,
> using these instructions:
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Database_dump_and_restore_examples
>
> It seems to have worked but for one wierd thing.
>
> One page serves up content as it was a couple of months ago, but
> *only* if I'm logged in to mediawiki.  If I visit the page without
> logging in, I see the latest and greatest as per the page's revision
> history.
>
> I've tried deleting cookies and logging in again, but that doesn't
> help.  I've created a new user and this new user sees the same content
> as you see without logging in.  It's as if mediawiki has decided that
> it's going to show this specific user a specific version of this page.
>
> Any suggestions on what could be happening or how to fix?

Sounds like server-side caching to me. Truncate the objectcache table
in the database to purge the cache in one fell swoop.

Rob Church

Re: content associated with login after backup/restore

mediawiki.org
Worked a treat - thanks!

Leni.