couple of extensions to contribute if useful

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

couple of extensions to contribute if useful

edward molasses
Hi everyone,

I thought I would mention a couple of MediaWiki extensions I have developed in
case they might be useful to the community.

One extension is an interface for users to more easily export multiple wiki
pages to XML, PDF and HTML by using the search function. The open source
software HTML2FPDF is used for exports to PDF. MediaWiki's native XML
exporter is used for the XML. The way the search is used is, the user first
enters a search term, then the returned page names in which the search term
appears are appended to the list of pages to be exported.  They can dump
those pages at any time to any of the formats (an installation with this
extension can be seen at
http://pgrdictionary.org/en/index.php/Special:DocumentExport (this install is
a plant genetic resource dictionary, so use plant genetic terms, such as
chromosome, to get search returns) ).

The other extension goes through every page in your Wiki, looking for Wiki
page titles in the content of each page and Wiki-linking those words to their
corresponding Wiki pages. It's meant to be used after you have imported fresh
content into your Wiki, when that content does not yet contain any links
between Wiki pages.

Hopefully they are useful, please let me know if they are.

thanks,
Andrew.
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: couple of extensions to contribute if useful

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 2/4/06, edward <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The other extension goes through every page in your Wiki, looking for Wiki
> page titles in the content of each page and Wiki-linking those words to their
> corresponding Wiki pages. It's meant to be used after you have imported fresh
> content into your Wiki, when that content does not yet contain any links
> between Wiki pages.

This would be really nice if it only linked the first occurrance of a
word/phrase.
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: couple of extensions to contribute if useful

edward molasses
On February 4, 2006 06:14 pm, Sy Ali wrote:
> On 2/4/06, edward <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > The other extension goes through every page in your Wiki, looking for
> > Wiki page titles in the content of each page and Wiki-linking those words
> > to their corresponding Wiki pages. It's meant to be used after you have
> > imported fresh content into your Wiki, when that content does not yet
> > contain any links between Wiki pages.
>
> This would be really nice if it only linked the first occurrance of a
> word/phrase.

There's a php string function that i could use that does that, so the change
to the extension code to make it do that should be quite trivial.

> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: couple of extensions to contribute if useful

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 2/4/06, edward <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On February 4, 2006 06:14 pm, Sy Ali wrote:
> > This would be really nice if it only linked the first occurrance of a
> > word/phrase.
>
> There's a php string function that i could use that does that, so the change
> to the extension code to make it do that should be quite trivial.

I could see this being used on a live wiki.. imagine writing some new
content and then running that script to get that new content linked
into everything.

Very nice idea..
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l