created a page that leads to 404: delete only with mysql?

created a page that leads to 404: delete only with mysql?

Koen-2
I have created a page by accident that leads me to a
404 and can't access it through mediawiki. It is empty
but listed in the special:allpages page so I would
like to get rid of this. Is the only way to do this
through mysql and if so, where should I edit the
database except for pages table?

tnx

Re: created a page that leads to 404: delete only with mysql?

Rob Church
What do you mean, "created a page that leads to a 404"? What did you
do? What steps did you take?

You can eradicate (oooh, I like that word) a page from the database
using the nukePage.php maintenance script. At the time of writing,
this is not present in a release version of MediaWiki, but can be
checked out of CVS from the REL_1_5 branch. It also requires
nukePage.inc, deleteOldRevisions.* and purgeOldText.* in order to
work, and must be run from the command line or phpShell.

Rob Church

On 20/02/06, Koen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have created a page by accident that leads me to a
> 404 and can't access it through mediawiki. It is empty
> but listed in the special:allpages page so I would
> like to get rid of this. Is the only way to do this
> through mysql and if so, where should I edit the
> database except for pages table?
>
> tnx

Re: created a page that leads to 404: delete only with mysql?

Koen-2
Tnx for the reply. On a page I created a [link title]
with a slash at the end but a slash is added by
default in the config settings. So the link becomes
http://www.mywiki.com/errorpage//.

--- Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What do you mean, "created a page that leads to a
> 404"? What did you
> do? What steps did you take?
>
> You can eradicate (oooh, I like that word) a page
> from the database
> using the nukePage.php maintenance script. At the
> time of writing,
> this is not present in a release version of
> MediaWiki, but can be
> checked out of CVS from the REL_1_5 branch. It also
> requires
> nukePage.inc, deleteOldRevisions.* and
> purgeOldText.* in order to
> work, and must be run from the command line or
> phpShell.
>

> Rob Church
>
> On 20/02/06, Koen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > I have created a page by accident that leads me to
> > 404 and can't access it through mediawiki. It is
> empty
> > but listed in the special:allpages page so I would
> > like to get rid of this. Is the only way to do
> this
> > through mysql and if so, where should I edit the
> > database except for pages table?
> >
> > tnx

Do not show changes

Marcelo Herondino Cardoso
Dear friends,

my Wiki has a strange behavior.
When I edit a topic then click "Save", the wiki don't show the new page
(with the changes). The I click "Edit" and the changes are there. What
is happening?

Obs.: It's not a browser cache problem, because this occurs in another
computers too.

Thanks,

Marcelo.

Re: Do not show changes

Rob Church
Could it be MediaWiki's internal cache interfering? Append
?action=purge to the URL of the affected page and see if it clears up.
Are you using memcached to assist with caching?

Rob Church

On 20/02/06, Marcelo Herondino Cardoso <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> my Wiki has a strange behavior.
> When I edit a topic then click "Save", the wiki don't show the new page
> (with the changes). The I click "Edit" and the changes are there. What
> is happening?
>
> Obs.: It's not a browser cache problem, because this occurs in another
> computers too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo.

Re: Do not show changes

Marcelo Herondino Cardoso
Rob,

I append  "?action=purge" to the URL, but don't works yet (ALL pages are
affected).
I'm not using memcached (it's in LocalSettings.php I see that, it's
right??).

Marcelo

Rob Church escreveu:

> Could it be MediaWiki's internal cache interfering? Append
> ?action=purge to the URL of the affected page and see if it clears up.
> Are you using memcached to assist with caching?
>

> Rob Church
>
> On 20/02/06, Marcelo Herondino Cardoso <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear friends,
>>
>> my Wiki has a strange behavior.
>> When I edit a topic then click "Save", the wiki don't show the new page
>> (with the changes). The I click "Edit" and the changes are there. What
>> is happening?
>>
>> Obs.: It's not a browser cache problem, because this occurs in another
>> computers too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marcelo.

=========================
Marcelo Herondino Cardoso
Assessor Técnico
Diretoria de Informática
Tribunal de Justiça de SC
(48) 3221-1120/3221-1351

Re: Do not show changes

Marcelo Herondino Cardoso
Another thing: in "history" page, the changes are showed... but not in
normal exibithion...

Rob Church escreveu:

> Could it be MediaWiki's internal cache interfering? Append
> ?action=purge to the URL of the affected page and see if it clears up.
> Are you using memcached to assist with caching?
>

> Rob Church
>
> On 20/02/06, Marcelo Herondino Cardoso <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear friends,
>>
>> my Wiki has a strange behavior.
>> When I edit a topic then click "Save", the wiki don't show the new page
>> (with the changes). The I click "Edit" and the changes are there. What
>> is happening?
>>
>> Obs.: It's not a browser cache problem, because this occurs in another
>> computers too.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Marcelo.

Marcelo Herondino Cardoso