del.icio.us and mediawiki

Raj Shekhar-2
I did not see this tip on the Mediawiki FAQ or the help page, but I
think this might prove helpful to some.

If you see most of the blogs, they have a bar at the bottom of each post
which allows readers to bookmark it to del.icio.us, digg and other
sites.  This thing can be done in Mediawiki too (have a look at
http://dtil.info/index.php/Main_Page to see how the final page looks)

First, create a template by going to
http://example.info/index.php/Template:Dtil and clicking on "edit" .  In
this case Dtil is the name of the template, you can call it anything you
want.  Most likely, you will need sysop powers to edit the template
page.  Add the following lines to this template

5px 15px; color: rgb(103, 109, 184); text-align: center;">
[http://del.icio.us/post?url={{SERVER}}/index.php/{{PAGENAMEE}}&title={{PAGENAMEE}}
Del.icio.us this!] |
[http://digg.com/submit?phase=2&url={{SERVER}}/index.php/{{PAGENAMEE}}
Digg this!]

The <p style="border: 1px solid rgb(159, 165, 234); margin: 0px;
padding: 5px 15px; color: rgb(103, 109, 184); text-align: center;"> part
gives a nice border to the whole template.  You can fiddle with the
colors to make it suit your own theme or completely remove it if you do
not want html in your wiki markup

Save the template.

Go to any of your pages and edit it. In the end of the edit, add the line
{{Dtil}} (or whatever you have named your template) and save it.
Hopefully, you will have a footer in your page with links which will
allow your readers to bookmark your pages on digg or del.icio.us

Hope you find this useful.

Should I add this to the Mediawiki FAQ or Mediawiki hacks page or is
there something like this already there on it ?

Cheers
--
          _.-,               raj shekhar
     .--'  '-._           http://rajshekhar.net

Logo

Helge H. Forstner
Hello to everybody,

I am new to this list and I just installed mediawiki successfully.

But here is my first problem:
I can't install my logo.

In "localsettings.php" I changed line 35 to:

$wgLogo   = "$wgStylePath/images/fbblogo.jpg";
and copied my logo to /images

The standard logo dissapeared but myn doesn't show.

What went wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Harry Forstner

Re: Logo

Rob Church
You copied it to ./images instead of ./skins/common/images.
$wgStylePath basically points to the skins directory.

Rob Church

On 11/03/06, Helge H. Forstner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello to everybody,
>
> I am new to this list and I just installed mediawiki successfully.
>
> But here is my first problem:
> I can't install my logo.
>
> In "localsettings.php" I changed line 35 to:
>
> $wgLogo   = "$wgStylePath/images/fbblogo.jpg";
> and copied my logo to /images
>
> The standard logo dissapeared but myn doesn't show.
>
> What went wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Harry Forstner

Re: Logo

Amit Vyas-2
Did you copied to <your-wiki-dir>/skins/common/images or to
<your-wiki-dir>/images ?

On 3/12/06, Helge H. Forstner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello to everybody,
>
> I am new to this list and I just installed mediawiki successfully.
>
> But here is my first problem:
> I can't install my logo.
>
> In "localsettings.php" I changed line 35 to:
>
> $wgLogo   = "$wgStylePath/images/fbblogo.jpg";
> and copied my logo to /images
>
> The standard logo dissapeared but myn doesn't show.
>
> What went wrong?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> Harry Forstner

Regards.