dumps.wikimedia.org web and rsync services down

dumps.wikimedia.org web and rsync services down

Bryan Davis
The https://dumps.wikimedia.org web interface for downloading various
dump files is currently offline. The rsync service for external
mirroring is as well. Local network NFS consumers may or may not be
working depending on which server the consumer is attached to.

This unexpected outage is the result of hardware issues following a
short planned maintenance. We are currently investigating the root
cause of the outage and will post additional updates as they become
available. Thanks for your patience.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <[hidden email]>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]] Manager, Cloud Services          Boise, ID USA

Re: dumps.wikimedia.org web and rsync services down

Bryan Davis
On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Bryan Davis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The https://dumps.wikimedia.org web interface for downloading various
> dump files is currently offline. The rsync service for external
> mirroring is as well. Local network NFS consumers may or may not be
> working depending on which server the consumer is attached to.
>
> This unexpected outage is the result of hardware issues following a
> short planned maintenance. We are currently investigating the root
> cause of the outage and will post additional updates as they become
> available. Thanks for your patience.

All dumps.wikimedia.org services (web download, rsync mirroring, and
NFS mounts) should be back to normal working status. If you are
interested in the details of what went wrong to cause this incident
you can read <https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T196651> and the
followup tasks that are created for it.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Bryan