Quantcast

dynamic Page Forms from Pages

Markus Heckmann
Hello!

At wiki.project1.net I created 2 pages:
https://wiki.project1.net/Reorder_CHOP
https://wiki.project1.net/Math_CHOP

Both use a variable number of templates in them. The theory is that a little script spits out these pages and then somebody has to fill in or change missing information.
As the template calls are not great to work in, I was wondering if I could work with the Page Forms Extension but the requirement would be that the Forms can be dynamically created to adopt to the 500 different pages I have to create.
Therefor every template would come with a Form definition and the page with a link to edit the page via a form.
Every page picks from a common pool of templates but the amount of template calls is different. Behind the templates is a Cargo Extension saving the values into a table..

Do I have to create a Form for each individual Page I am creating?
Is this something that is possible at all or should I be looking at a different solution.

Thank you very much for your help
Best
Markus

Re: dynamic Page Forms from Pages

Yaron Koren-2
Hi Markus,

I don't think Page Forms would be usable for your page structure, given how
complex and variable it is. I was going to suggest VisualEditor, which has
its own, more flexible, template editing functionality, but I don't think
it would make life any easier, compare to just editing pages manually. So I
think your best option is just to edit the pages by hand.

-Yaron

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Markus Heckmann <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello!
>
> At wiki.project1.net I created 2 pages:
> https://wiki.project1.net/Reorder_CHOP
> https://wiki.project1.net/Math_CHOP
>
> Both use a variable number of templates in them. The theory is that a
> little script spits out these pages and then somebody has to fill in or
> change missing information.
> As the template calls are not great to work in, I was wondering if I could
> work with the Page Forms Extension but the requirement would be that the
> Forms can be dynamically created to adopt to the 500 different pages I have
> to create.
> Therefor every template would come with a Form definition and the page
> with a link to edit the page via a form.
> Every page picks from a common pool of templates but the amount of
> template calls is different. Behind the templates is a Cargo Extension
> saving the values into a table..
>
> Do I have to create a Form for each individual Page I am creating?
> Is this something that is possible at all or should I be looking at a
> different solution.
>
> Thank you very much for your help
> Best
> Markus

Re: dynamic Page Forms from Pages

AKSHA

Hello to the forum. I have had good results creating articles via Word and Excel mail merge. It is still a chore to get the articles into the wiki as I have no way to add them as a batch. It does enable me to simultaneously create articles with different properties and values. The articles all follow the same rules. If I want to correct the rules, the articles can all be quickly recreated by the same merge.