edit link when Site Notice is displayed

=James Birkholz=
I just noticed that when the Site Notice is displayed in my current
configuration, that it includes an "Edit" link, which opens up the edit
page for neither the page I'm viewing/editing nor the Site Notice page.
Instead, it opens the edit page for the home page....

James

Re: edit link when Site Notice is displayed

Joshua Yeidel
I saw the same thing.  It happens when you use a section header in the
SiteNotice.

I decided that including a section header in a SiteNotice is inappropriate;
semantically, there is no "section" there.  All I really want is the
formatting, so I should specify that directly (e.g., via <span
style="...">), rather than "cheat" by using a section header.

-- Joshua

At 11:35 AM 6/2/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>I saw the same thing.  It happens when you use a section header in the
>SiteNotice.
>
>I decided that including a section header in a SiteNotice is inappropriate;
>semantically, there is no "section" there.  All I really want is the
>formatting, so I should specify that directly (e.g., via <span
>style="...">), rather than "cheat" by using a section header.
>
>-- Joshua

exactly so, I wanted to make it bigger and bolder, so used the "==foo==" cheat.

I don't know much css, but I Googled the code fragment and pieced together
this:

font-weight:bold; color: #ff00cc; filter: shadow(color=#00ff00,
direction=200)">We have recently upgraded our Wiki software. Please
[[Special:Emailuser/WikiSysop|report any problems]].</span>

to replace

==We have recently upgraded our Wiki software. Please
[[Special:Emailuser/WikiSysop|report any problems]].==

which looks like this:

    http://www.birchy.com/GenWiki/

James