embedding video

nevio carlos de alarcão
Hi,

I've got a embedding-video extension (
http://jimbojw.com/wiki/index.php?title=EmbedVideo) on an wiki I am
administering and as far as strange it could seem I do not know how to use
it. which tag should I write?
I'd appreciate any suggestion.
I thank in advance
--
{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: embedding video

oscar-45
did you take a look at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo ?

very best,
oscar
[[m:User:Oscar]]

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM, nevio carlos de alarcão <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a embedding-video extension (
> http://jimbojw.com/wiki/index.php?title=EmbedVideo) on an wiki I am
> administering and as far as strange it could seem I do not know how to use
> it. which tag should I write?
> I'd appreciate any suggestion.
> I thank in advance
> --
> {+}Nevinho
> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

*edito ergo sum*

******************
The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return

Re: embedding video

nevio carlos de alarcão
Hi Oscar, thanks a lot. I'll try it. Do you know what "services" are? tx

2009/12/8 oscar <[hidden email]>

> did you take a look at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo?
>
> very best,
> oscar
> [[m:User:Oscar]]
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM, nevio carlos de alarcão <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got a embedding-video extension (
> > http://jimbojw.com/wiki/index.php?title=EmbedVideo) on an wiki I am
> > administering and as far as strange it could seem I do not know how to
> use
> > it. which tag should I write?
> > I'd appreciate any suggestion.
> > I thank in advance
> > --
> > {+}Nevinho
> > Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

> *edito ergo sum*
>
> ******************
> The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
> legally
> privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
> dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return

{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: embedding video

oscar-45
yo nevio,

please read the page i pointed out on the mediawiki website carefully, for
there i read

service is the name of a video sharing service.
(meaning: youtube or others)

further down there are examples like

{{#ev:youtube|dMH0bHeiRNg}}

showing the usage.
still further down there is a list of supported services.
this should get you started ;-)

good luck and all the best,
oscar

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM, nevio carlos de alarcão <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Oscar, thanks a lot. I'll try it. Do you know what "services" are? tx
>
> 2009/12/8 oscar <[hidden email]>
>
> > did you take a look at
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo?
> >
> > very best,
> > oscar
> > [[m:User:Oscar]]
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM, nevio carlos de alarcão <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've got a embedding-video extension (
> > > http://jimbojw.com/wiki/index.php?title=EmbedVideo) on an wiki I am
> > > administering and as far as strange it could seem I do not know how to
> > use
> > > it. which tag should I write?
> > > I'd appreciate any suggestion.
> > > I thank in advance
> > > --
> > > {+}Nevinho
> > > Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

> > *edito ergo sum*
> >
> > ******************
> > The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
> > legally
> > privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you
> are
> > not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
> > dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
> unlawful.
> > If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
> return
> > e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

> {+}Nevinho
> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

*edito ergo sum*

******************
The information contained in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return

Re: embedding video

nevio carlos de alarcão
thank you very much!!! have a nice 2010!

2009/12/9 oscar <[hidden email]>

> yo nevio,
>
> please read the page i pointed out on the mediawiki website carefully, for
> there i read
>
> service is the name of a video sharing service.
> (meaning: youtube or others)
>
> further down there are examples like
>
> {{#ev:youtube|dMH0bHeiRNg}}
>
> showing the usage.
> still further down there is a list of supported services.
> this should get you started ;-)
>
> good luck and all the best,
> oscar
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM, nevio carlos de alarcão <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi Oscar, thanks a lot. I'll try it. Do you know what "services" are? tx
> >
> > 2009/12/8 oscar <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > did you take a look at
> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo?
> > >
> > > very best,
> > > oscar
> > > [[m:User:Oscar]]

> > > use
> > > >

> > > --
> > > *edito ergo sum*
> > >
> > > ******************
> > > The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
> > > legally
> > > privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you
> > are
> > > not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
> > > dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
> > unlawful.
> > > If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
> > return
> > > e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

> > {+}Nevinho
> > Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

> *edito ergo sum*
>
> ******************
> The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
> legally
> privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are
> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
> dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return

{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: embedding video

nevio carlos de alarcão
Hi Oscar, it's me again, sorry to bother you, but I could do it myself,
Allways return the message "EmbedVídio received bad id".
Please could you tell me what id should I point out to this video, for
example?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EEPU65nF1U&feature=channel
Thanks a lot, Nevio
2009/12/9 nevio carlos de alarcão <[hidden email]>

> thank you very much!!! have a nice 2010!
>
> 2009/12/9 oscar <[hidden email]>
>
> yo nevio,
>>
>> please read the page i pointed out on the mediawiki website carefully, for
>> there i read
>>
>> service is the name of a video sharing service.
>> (meaning: youtube or others)
>>
>> further down there are examples like
>>
>> {{#ev:youtube|dMH0bHeiRNg}}
>>
>> showing the usage.
>> still further down there is a list of supported services.
>> this should get you started ;-)
>>
>> good luck and all the best,
>> oscar
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM, nevio carlos de alarcão <
>>  [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Oscar, thanks a lot. I'll try it. Do you know what "services" are? tx

>> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo?

>> you
>> > are
>> > unlawful.
>> > return
>> > >

>> > --
>> > {+}Nevinho
>> > Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!
>> >

>> --
>> *edito ergo sum*
>>
>> ******************
>> The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
>> legally
>> privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you
>> are
>> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
>> dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return
>> e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

>  {+}Nevinho
> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

--
{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: embedding video

nevio carlos de alarcão
Ops! sorry, I haven't been able do it myself. Any help will be appreciated.
Nevio

2009/12/10 nevio carlos de alarcão <[hidden email]>

> Hi Oscar, it's me again, sorry to bother you, but I could do it myself,
> Allways return the message "EmbedVídio received bad id".
> Please could you tell me what id should I point out to this video, for
> example?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EEPU65nF1U&feature=channel
> Thanks a lot, Nevio
> 2009/12/9 nevio carlos de alarcão <[hidden email]>
>
> thank you very much!!! have a nice 2010!
>>
>> 2009/12/9 oscar <[hidden email]>
>>
>> yo nevio,
>>>
>>> please read the page i pointed out on the mediawiki website carefully,
>>> for
>>> there i read
>>>
>>> service is the name of a video sharing service.
>>> (meaning: youtube or others)
>>>
>>> further down there are examples like
>>>
>>> {{#ev:youtube|dMH0bHeiRNg}}
>>>
>>> showing the usage.
>>> still further down there is a list of supported services.
>>> this should get you started ;-)
>>>
>>> good luck and all the best,
>>> oscar

>>> tx

>>> am

>>> you

>>> --
>>> *edito ergo sum*
>>>
>>> ******************
>>> The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
>>> legally
>>> privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you
>>> are
>>> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
>>> dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
>>> unlawful.
>>> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
>>> return
>>> e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.
>>>

>> --
>>  {+}Nevinho
>> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!
>>

> --
> {+}Nevinho
> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

--
{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: embedding video

Jake Ford
The "id" used by the extension is the part between the = symbol and the &
symbol
Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=   7EEPU65nF1U   &feature=channel

jake4d
[hidden email]
www.debatrix.org

Hi Oscar, it's me again, sorry to bother you, but I could do it myself,
Allways return the message "EmbedVídio received bad id".
Please could you tell me what id should I point out to this video, for
example?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EEPU65nF1U&feature=channel
Thanks a lot, Nevio
2009/12/9 nevio carlos de alarcão <[hidden email]>

> thank you very much!!! have a nice 2010!
>
> 2009/12/9 oscar <[hidden email]>
>
> yo nevio,
>>
>> please read the page i pointed out on the mediawiki website carefully,
for

>> there i read
>>
>> service is the name of a video sharing service.
>> (meaning: youtube or others)
>>
>> further down there are examples like
>>
>> {{#ev:youtube|dMH0bHeiRNg}}
>>
>> showing the usage.
>> still further down there is a list of supported services.
>> this should get you started ;-)
>>
>> good luck and all the best,
>> oscar
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:57 AM, nevio carlos de alarcão <
>>  [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Oscar, thanks a lot. I'll try it. Do you know what "services" are?
tx

>> > http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EmbedVideo?

>> you
>> > are
>> > unlawful.
>> > return
>> > >

>> > --
>> > {+}Nevinho
>> > Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!
>> >

>> --
>> *edito ergo sum*
>>
>> ******************
>> The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
>> legally
>> privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you
>> are
>> not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
>> dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by
return

>> e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

>  {+}Nevinho
> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

--
{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: embedding video

nevio carlos de alarcão
Thanks a lot, dear Jake!!!!!

2009/12/10 Jake Ford <[hidden email]>

> The "id" used by the extension is the part between the = symbol and the &
> symbol
> Example:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=   7EEPU65nF1U   &feature=channel
>
> jake4d
> [hidden email]
> www.debatrix.org

hidden page

Bri-11
I have looked, but not found a way to hide a page from non-administrators.
If someone knows how to do this, please explain it or provide a URL to
the mediawiki article.

Thanks,
Bri

Re: hidden page

Huib Laurens
Hi,

Could you please explain futher what you mean.

A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?

Huib

2009/12/11, Bri <[hidden email]>:

> I have looked, but not found a way to hide a page from non-administrators.
> If someone knows how to do this, please explain it or provide a URL to
> the mediawiki article.
>
> Thanks,
> Bri

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

Re: hidden page

nevio carlos de alarcão
Hi, wiki pages are visible to all. Regards, Nevio

2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> Could you please explain futher what you mean.
>
> A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
> admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?
>
> Huib
>
> 2009/12/11, Bri <[hidden email]>:
> > I have looked, but not found a way to hide a page from
> non-administrators.
> > If someone knows how to do this, please explain it or provide a URL to
> > the mediawiki article.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bri

> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: hidden page

Huib Laurens
Not true, it can be changed.

Please don't post incorrect answers, they aren't helping.

huib

2009/12/11, nevio carlos de alarcão <[hidden email]>:

> Hi, wiki pages are visible to all. Regards, Nevio
>
> 2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you please explain futher what you mean.
>>
>> A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
>> admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?
>>
>> Huib
>>
>> 2009/12/11, Bri <[hidden email]>:
>> > I have looked, but not found a way to hide a page from
>> non-administrators.
>> > If someone knows how to do this, please explain it or provide a URL to
>> > the mediawiki article.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Bri

>> --
>> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>>
>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

> {+}Nevinho
> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

Re: hidden page

nevio carlos de alarcão
So explain me please, if you achieve that. thanks

2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>

> Not true, it can be changed.
>
> Please don't post incorrect answers, they aren't helping.
>
> huib
>
> 2009/12/11, nevio carlos de alarcão <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi, wiki pages are visible to all. Regards, Nevio
> >
> > 2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Could you please explain futher what you mean.
> >>
> >> A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
> >> admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?
> >>
> >> Huib

> >> non-administrators.

> >> --
> >> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
> >>
> >> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

> > {+}Nevinho
> > Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: hidden page

Huib Laurens

Re: hidden page

Bri-11
I am using a wiki for a role-playing resource.
I wanted to enable a class of user to be able to create and view pages,
without the regular user being able to see them.
Then, as players encounter the subject of the page, have an easy way to
reclassify them so that everyone can read them.

Thanks for all the responses (especially Huib). I will check out your
links and see if any of these will work for me.

-Bri

On 2009-12-11 12:20, Huib Laurens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could you please explain futher what you mean.
>
> A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
> admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?
>
> Huib
>
> 2009/12/11, Bri <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I have looked, but not found a way to hide a page from non-administrators.
>> If someone knows how to do this, please explain it or provide a URL to
>> the mediawiki article.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bri

Re: hidden page

Sam.Sexton
Per esempio,

Some Special pages are only visible to sysops and you can exercise control over access to namespaces.

/Sam

So explain me please, if you achieve that. thanks

2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>

> Not true, it can be changed.
>
> Please don't post incorrect answers, they aren't helping.
>
> huib
>
> 2009/12/11, nevio carlos de alarcão <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi, wiki pages are visible to all. Regards, Nevio
> >
> > 2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Could you please explain futher what you mean.
> >>
> >> A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
> >> admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?
> >>
> >> Huib

> >> non-administrators.

> >> --
> >> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
> >>
> >> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

> > {+}Nevinho
> > Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

{+}Nevinho
Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

Re: hidden page

Platonides
Bri wrote:

> I am using a wiki for a role-playing resource.
> I wanted to enable a class of user to be able to create and view pages,
> without the regular user being able to see them.
> Then, as players encounter the subject of the page, have an easy way to
> reclassify them so that everyone can read them.
>
> Thanks for all the responses (especially Huib). I will check out your
> links and see if any of these will work for me.
>
> -Bri

Try with the lockdown extension
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Lockdown

Note that mediawiki is not designed for keeping secrets, so there may be
a way of reading the page that isn't blocked. A game is not a critical
thing, but cheaters aren't welcome either. Be careful with the page
names, there might be ways of reading the title but not the content (the
silliest, a forgotten link on a now-visible page). And in your case just
knowing the page title might be quite relevant for the players.

Re: hidden page

Jan Steinman
I think it's fair to say that the philosophy behind MediaWiki is
egalitarian and based upon freely shared information, and that while
there are extensions that allow you to do limited page-hiding, the
base functionality of MediaWiki does not support it well, and there
may be many ways to get around it.

> From: Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>
>
> Not true, it can be changed.
>
> Please don't post incorrect answers, they aren't helping.
>
> huib
>
> 2009/12/11, nevio carlos de alarc?o <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi, wiki pages are visible to all. Regards, Nevio
>>
>> 2009/12/11 Huib Laurens <[hidden email]>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Could you please explain futher what you mean.
>>>
>>> A administrator can delete a page, that way its not visible for non
>>> admins, or do you mean hidding a namespace ?
>>>
>>> Huib

>>> non-administrators.

>>> --
>>> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>>>
>>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

>> --
>> {+}Nevinho
>> Venha para o Movimento Colaborativo http://sextapoetica.com.br !!

> Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:SterkeBak

:::: The Apocalypse has Four Horsemen: climate change, habitat
destruction, industrial agriculture, and poverty. Each Horseman holds
a whip called Growth in his hand. None can be stopped unless all are
stopped. -- David Foley ::::

:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality <http://www.EcoReality.org
 > ::::

Re: hidden page

Evelyn Yoder
In this situation, would it be a better practice to create a separate wiki
for users?

-Evelyn
http://appswhisperer.com