enwiki database dumps

Truran, Mark

Hello all,

I am trying to get hold of the latest dump of all English pages, all revisions (enwiki-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2).

However, I am having real tracking it down.

The most recent dump of the file (18th October 2007) seems to have failed:

http://download.wikimedia.org/enwiki/20071018/

The directory for the December 18th dump is a blank page:

http://download.wikimedia.org/enwiki/20071218/

The progress page for all dumps shows ‘abort’ across the board:

http://download.wikimedia.org/backup-index.html

Does anyone know what is going on here?

I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time,

Mark Truran

University of Teesside

Re: enwiki database dumps

Reid Priedhorsky-2
Truran, Mark wrote:

> Does anyone know what is going on here?

Basically, dumps on the large wikis have been broken for ages and WMF
has been having considerable trouble getting them rolling again.

I have a November 2006 dump that I'm happy to share.

Reid