exturlusage query protocol speficiation not functional

exturlusage query protocol speficiation not functional

MinuteElectron
Hello,

Earlier today i tried:

http://test.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=exturlusage&eulimit=50&euoffset=20&euprotocol=http&format=jsonfm

Unfortunately this still shows irc:// links, which I don't believe it
should - since I specified euprotocol. Am I doing something incorrectly
or is this a bug?

Thanks,
MinuteElectron.

Re: exturlusage query protocol speficiation not functional

Roan Kattouw
MinuteElectron schreef:
> Hello,
>
> Earlier today i tried:
>
> http://test.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=exturlusage&eulimit=50&euoffset=20&euprotocol=http&format=jsonfm
>
> Unfortunately this still shows irc:// links, which I don't believe it
> should - since I specified euprotocol. Am I doing something incorrectly
> or is this a bug?
It's not a bug. Read the help text for euquery: Search string without
protocol. See [[Special:LinkSearch]]. Leave empty to list all external
links (*euprotocol will be ignored*)
(emphasis added)
Since you didn't set euquery, euprotocol is ignored. There's currently
no way to get all http:// links, as the LinkFilter class doesn't allow
values for euquery that would match everything. If you *want* that
functionality, though, I can probably add it.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

On 7/14/08, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Since you didn't set euquery, euprotocol is ignored. There's currently
> no way to get all http:// links, as the LinkFilter class doesn't allow
> values for euquery that would match everything. If you *want* that
> functionality, though, I can probably add it.

Yes, it would be very useful to have this for a bot I am developing;
if you could add it that would be great.

Minute Electron schreef:

> On 7/14/08, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Since you didn't set euquery, euprotocol is ignored. There's currently
>> no way to get all http:// links, as the LinkFilter class doesn't allow
>> values for euquery that would match everything. If you *want* that
>> functionality, though, I can probably add it.
>>

> Yes, it would be very useful to have this for a bot I am developing;
> if you could add it that would be great.
Added in r37642, in a way that preserves backwards compatibility and
should make the query you cited earlier work without modification. See
commit message for details.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Roan Kattouw <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Added in r37642, in a way that preserves backwards compatibility and
> should make the query you cited earlier work without modification. See
> commit message for details.
>
> Roan Kattouw (Catrope)

Thank you.

MinuteElectron.