fancycaptcha image

Fxp

fancycaptcha image

Fxp
Hi all,

i've seen that the fancycaptcha system is enabled on mediawiki.org
Could Brion or any admin of www.mediawiki.org, tell me how to have
images show up instead of the arithmetic system of "simplecaptcha".

Thanks a lot.

François

Re: fancycaptcha image

Brion Vibber
FxParlant wrote:
> i've seen that the fancycaptcha system is enabled on mediawiki.org
> Could Brion or any admin of www.mediawiki.org, tell me how to have
> images show up instead of the arithmetic system of "simplecaptcha".

Include the extension files and set:

$wgCaptchaClass = 'FancyCaptcha';

The images aren't generated live; you can use the captcha.py script to
batch-generate a directory full of images, which can be periodically replaced to
keep the pool fresh.

Set the $wgCaptchaDirectory to this directory, and $wgCaptchaSecret to the
string you passed as the --key parameter to the generator script. The directory
doesn't need to be web-accessible, but the files do need to be readable by the
web server process.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Fxp

Re: fancycaptcha image

Fxp
Thank you very much Brion... and thank you for making the extension :-)

François

Fxp

Re: fancycaptcha image

Fxp
Damn, I forgot I had also to learn python. Too bad :-(

Let' hope someone, one day builds a GNU php captcha generator.

Beyond despair François