geo-tagged articles from India

Mani Pande
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share with you this visualization of geo-tagged articles from South Asia, including India.  Please see the image here. The analysis was conducted by a researcher at the Oxford Internet Institute, Mark Graham, who has been conducting research on geo-location and Wikipedia. The data is only from English Wikipedia.  It is interesting to note  concentration of geo-tagged articles from Kerala, Nepal and Indian metropolises: Mumbai. Delhi, Chennai etc. Mark has done more analysis in his blog, and he informed me that he would love input from the community in India. If you would like, please provide him insights through the comment section.

Mark has been using publicly available data to conduction geo analysis of Wikipedia articles, and editors.  If you would like to read more about his research, you can visit his website here.

Thanks
Mani

Re: geo-tagged articles from India

Srikanth Ramakrishnan-2
Wow, this is really interesting news. I think this should serve as a catalyst for other languages.
--~~~~

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Mani Pande <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Srikanth Ramakrishnan.
Wikipedia Coimbatore Meetup on December 10th.