globals and superglobals

Fxp

globals and superglobals

Fxp
Hello all,

1) I need to access a cookie in monobook.php (mediawiki1.5)
I tried with $_COOKIE and $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS (with globals declaration)
but nothing worked

2) the famous captcha system seem not to be able to access $_SESSION

I guess this restrictions are for security reasons.

 Can one of the founder give a simple explanation on the change about
the  superglobals in mediawiki, and/or give a solution to access to
these variables.

Thank you for your work on MW

Fran├žois

Re: globals and superglobals

Brion Vibber
FxParlant wrote:
> 1) I need to access a cookie in monobook.php (mediawiki1.5)
> I tried with $_COOKIE and $HTTP_COOKIE_VARS (with globals declaration)
> but nothing worked

Should work fine, check with a PHP support forum if you still have problems.

> 2) the famous captcha system seem not to be able to access $_SESSION

Don't know what this means.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Fxp

Re: globals and superglobals

Fxp
Thank you Brion for answering so rapidly,
I'll try to play more with php, must have forgotten something

Fran├žois