going from incubator to own domain

Wilmar DAngelis
How many articles/writers does a project has to have to be able to leave
the incubator stage and acquire its own domain? Thank you.

--
Projeto Webindigena
Prof. Wilmar R. D'Angelis - UNICAMP

Re: going from incubator to own domain

Roberto Bahamonde Andrade
I'd like to know it too. Some Incubator projects have more articles than
open Wikipedias. If activity is the "life proof", how many edtions per
month or contributor must be done?

Regards.
Roberto/User:Lin linao

Re: going from incubator to own domain

Mohammed Sadat Abdulai
Would like to know myself. Also, by articles must they be of a certain length (byte size)? I noticed in smaller language Wikipedias there are a lot of one line (sentence) articles. Do they count the same as multiple line articles?

-Masssly

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: going from incubator to own domain

JP Béland
open Wikipedias." It needs to be noted that some open Wikipedias were
created before the policy and there is no point in moving them back in the
Incubator even if they have a low-level of activity of number of articles.

Amqui

> I'd like to know it too. Some Incubator projects have more articles than
> open Wikipedias. If activity is the "life proof", how many edtions per
> month or contributor must be done?
>
> Regards.
> Roberto/User:Lin linao

Re: going from incubator to own domain

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
At some stage the rules were simple. It was easy to look into the status
and that changed for all the right reasons but that change had a perverse
effect. The idea was to relax the rules, it should be simpler As a
consequence the rules were no longer obvious and some people claimed a
success. The effect was that there was less attention for what happened. It
was no longer easy and obvious.
Thanks,
      GerardM

On 25 September 2015 at 01:19, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would like to know myself. Also, by articles must they be of a certain
> length (byte size)? I noticed in smaller language Wikipedias there are a
> lot of one line (sentence) articles. Do they count the same as multiple
> line articles?
>

> -Masssly
>

> Sent from Windows Mail

M. Williamson
To respond to the question, which appears to be unanswered. In addition to
article writing activity, there is a very strict requirement for interface
translation as well. The bar is set fairly high, for this reason many
languages in the incubator have languished there for long amounts of time
in spite of having good articles and levels of activity. This harsh
requirement is insisted on by only one member of the language committee
(possibly a couple?).
On Sep 24, 2015 4:16 PM, "Roberto Bahamonde Andrade" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I'd like to know it too. Some Incubator projects have more articles than
> open Wikipedias. If activity is the "life proof", how many edtions per
> month or contributor must be done?
>
> Regards.
> Roberto/User:Lin linao

Re: going from incubator to own domain

Federico Leva (Nemo)
The number of articles is irrelevant. See the policy for requirements:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_proposal_policy#Requisites_for_final_approval

Nemo