-hint:all

Jan Dudík
When I use -hint:all option, bot tries to find page in all old languages,
but not in "new" onec, which are from autumn. Between these langages are
e.g. ru-sib, hsb, cu...

I think, somewhere is incomplete language list.

JAn

Re: -hint:all

Andre Engels
2007/1/31, Jan Dudík <[hidden email]>:

> When I use -hint:all option, bot tries to find page in all old languages,
> but not in "new" onec, which are from autumn. Between these langages are
> e.g. ru-sib, hsb, cu...
>
> I think, somewhere is incomplete language list.

Although it is called 'all', it actually only looks at languages from a
certain size. This limit is very low though (around 100 articles), but you
are completely right to say that the list is outdated - it seems to have
been last updated last September.

I have been updating the list, which is also used for the number-hints. It
is mostly based on number of pages, but with a malus for languages that are
not in Latin script (because they are less likely to use the same title for
pages). Here the changes for the numbers I often use:

10: no change (Swedish going down in favor of Portuguese and Japanese, but
staying in top-10)
20: Romanian replaces Hungarian
30: Ukrainian replaces Bulgarian
50: Cebuano and Telugu replace Farsi and Walloon
100: added: Bishnupriya Manipuri, Siberian, Hindi, Tajik; removed: Arpitan,
Armenian, Scots, Waray-Waray
all: 22 new languages, 2 removed, new total 181 languages

--
Andre Engels, [hidden email]
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels