how to avoid caching of pages with dynamic content

how to avoid caching of pages with dynamic content

Thomas Gries
Inside an extension module:
what is the correct way to _disable caching for that specific page_
(example: dynamic integration of  texts from another source, which might
change) ?

Re: how to avoid caching of pages with dynamic content

Rob Church
$wgOut->setSquidMaxage( 0 );

Rob Church

On 18/01/06, Thomas Gries <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Inside an extension module:
> what is the correct way to _disable caching for that specific page_
> (example: dynamic integration of  texts from another source, which might
> change) ?

Re: how to avoid caching of pages with dynamic content

Tim Starling

Rob Church wrote:
> $wgOut->setSquidMaxage( 0 );

Yes, you could do that, or you could use $parser->disableCache() if you actually wanted it to work.
$parser is a Parser object that should be passed as a parameter to Parser-related hooks.

-- Tim Starling

Re: Re: how to avoid caching of pages with dynamic content

Rob Church
Ah well, at least someone corrected me. *shrug*

Rob Church