how to incorporate image files on a local wiki installation.

how to incorporate image files on a local wiki installation.

Jean Xu
I have installed MediaWiki 1.5.6 on my machine and after importing the article
dumps (en), it all seems to be fine, and I also have done the index
rebuilding. But I have some problems incorporating the image files which is
around 76G in total.

I put the untarred files in the images directory (images/1/10,......). When I
tried to do a sql execution of the file images.sql.gz through MySQL Query
Browser (decompressed images.sql), it keeps telling me there's some syntax
errors (it did added a few entries into the image table, but left the majority
undone, which is weird even more). and when i try to do this through
phpmyadmin, it just hangs with apache using full CPU. Is it might be the
insert statement is too long (really long indeed) and therefore there's some
memory overrun or setting incompatibility?

If I manually edit the entries in image and imagelinks table, and place
relevant image file in its md5 calculated directory, everything seems fine
including the thumbnailing. So my guess is the problem is on the "sql" part.

I have apache 2, php 4.4, mysql 4.0.18

Thanks!

Re: how to incorporate image files on a local wiki installation.

Brion Vibber
Jean Xu wrote:
> I put the untarred files in the images directory (images/1/10,......). When I
> tried to do a sql execution of the file images.sql.gz through MySQL Query
> Browser (decompressed images.sql), it keeps telling me there's some syntax
> errors

Can you provide:
* The URL to the file you downloaded
* The md5sum of the file you downloaded
* The exact command line you're using to import the file
* The exact text of any error messages.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)