how to put a block of html/javascript code into main page?

L K

how to put a block of html/javascript code into main page?

L K
Hi,

I want to put a block of html/javascript code into the main wiki page that
can monitor my website activity. There are many websites offer this kind of
service. I just want to copy and paste the code they generated to my page.

Does anyone know how to put such code in the main page?

Thanks a lot
Roy

Re: how to put a block of html/javascript code into main page?

Bugzilla from sy1234@gmail.com
On 4/17/06, L K <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to put such code in the main page?

Maybe you want it on every page?  That way you can monitor activity
anywhere?  If so, then there ought to be a way to insert the code in
the template files themselves..

Re: how to put a block of html/javascript code into mainpage?

Chris Earle (CBL)
Not a very safe thing to do, but you can allow running of javascript code by
adding the runphp extension --
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_JavaScript_tricks

I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it, but it's the solution I've
come across.....

cheers,

--
Chris