how to show a nsbp

Fernando Correia
How can I show a " " in source code? If I try something like
this, the "nbsp" is not shown; a whitespace is shown instead.

<pre><nowiki>
test = "&nbsp;"
</nowiki></pre>

<pre>
test = "&nbsp;"
</pre>

Results:

test = " "

test = " "

Obviously the "&nbsp;" is being interpreted as a HTML char; maybe the
"pre" tag should html-encode it.

Re: how to show a nsbp

Jim R. Wilson
&amp;nbsp;

2007/3/2, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]>:
> &amp;nbsp;

I see. That requires changing the source code. I was expecting there
was some way to show program source code on the wiki without having to
change it.

Re: how to show a nsbp

Jim R. Wilson
If you're displaying source code, you may want a geshi-based highlighting
extension.

This one looks decent:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GeSHiCodeTag_Extension

On 3/2/07, Fernando Correia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2007/3/2, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]>:
> > &amp;nbsp;
>
> I see. That requires changing the source code. I was expecting there
> was some way to show program source code on the wiki without having to
> change it.

Re: how to show a nsbp

Jim R. Wilson
This one appears to be well documented as well:

http://mercury.it.swin.edu.au/swinbrain/index.php/CodeSyntaxHighlight_MediaWiki_Extension

On 3/2/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you're displaying source code, you may want a geshi-based highlighting
> extension.
>
> This one looks decent:
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GeSHiCodeTag_Extension
>
> On 3/2/07, Fernando Correia <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > 2007/3/2, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]>:
> > > &amp;nbsp;
> >
> > I see. That requires changing the source code. I was expecting there
> > was some way to show program source code on the wiki without having to
> > change it.

Re: how to show a nsbp

Jim R. Wilson
Please disregard the previous two geshi syntax links - this is the one you
should really use:

http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Highlight/

It's developed by _the_ Brion Vibber himself (It's just not Googlable).
It's a shame too, because this is the one I use, and I had assumed it was
lost to the annals of history until I decided on a whim to chech SVN.  It's
really too bad that this isn't documented anywhere ...

-- Jim

On 3/2/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This one appears to be well documented as well:
>
> http://mercury.it.swin.edu.au/swinbrain/index.php/CodeSyntaxHighlight_MediaWiki_Extension
>

> On 3/2/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > If you're displaying source code, you may want a geshi-based
> > highlighting extension.
> >
> > This one looks decent:
> >
> > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GeSHiCodeTag_Extension

> > > I see. That requires changing the source code. I was expecting there
> > > was some way to show program source code on the wiki without having to
> > >
> > > change it.

Re: how to show a nsbp

Fernando Correia
2007/3/2, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]>:
> Please disregard the previous two geshi syntax links - this is the one you
> should really use:

Thank you for your thoroughness and your helpful answers, Jim.

Re: how to show a nsbp

aretai aretai
Maybe it would be good to add it to:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Extensions

Aretai

On 3/2/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please disregard the previous two geshi syntax links - this is the one you
> should really use:
>
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Highlight/
>
> It's developed by _the_ Brion Vibber himself (It's just not Googlable).
> It's a shame too, because this is the one I use, and I had assumed it was
> lost to the annals of history until I decided on a whim to chech
> SVN.  It's
> really too bad that this isn't documented anywhere ...
>
> -- Jim
>
> On 3/2/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > This one appears to be well documented as well:
> >

> http://mercury.it.swin.edu.au/swinbrain/index.php/CodeSyntaxHighlight_MediaWiki_Extension
> >

> > On 3/2/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you're displaying source code, you may want a geshi-based
> > > highlighting extension.
> > >
> > > This one looks decent:
> > >
> > > http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GeSHiCodeTag_Extension

Re: how to show a nsbp

Fernando Correia
2007/3/5, aretai aretai <[hidden email]>:
> Maybe it would be good to add it to:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Extensions

Agreed. I've created a documentation page:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Highlight

I hope this is alright.

Re: how to show a nsbp

aretai aretai
Good my loyal squire;) Very good. Put me as one of the authors just after
Brion;)

Regards,
Knight Aretai