index.php -> index.cgi

KarlBlau
Hi,

for safe mode reasons I have to rename the index.php of my wiki to index.cgi. In each file I replaced index.php by index.cgi, too.
When open the index.cgi with a browser I get a message that says:

Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.

Does anyone have experiences with that?

Thanks, Martin

Re: index.php -> index.cgi

Thomas R. Koll

Am 10.01.2006 um 15:40 schrieb Martin Baumann:
> When open the index.cgi with a browser I get a message that says:
>
> Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.
>
> Does anyone have experiences with that?

check (or post a like to a public copy) your .htaccess file.

--
http://www.tomk32.de - just a geek trying to change the world
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32

Re: index.php -> index.cgi

KarlBlau
=> Deny from all

What does is mean? I have such a file in every directory of my wiki.
What should stand in this file?

Thanks, Martin

Am 10.01.2006 um 17:59 schrieb Martin Baumann:

> => Deny from all
>
> What does is mean? I have such a file in every directory of my wiki.
> What should stand in this file?

That's not what I thought, I think that somehow the
rewrite rules cause to redirect /index.cgi to index.php?blabla=index.cgi
eternally.
Did you change the .htaccess to not use /wiki/ but /article ?

ciao, tom

--
http://www.tomk32.de - just a geek trying to change the world
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32
http://verlag.tomk32.de/c/wrdigest

Re: index.php -> index.cgi

KarlBlau
no, I didn't

All I did is:
[1] changed index.php -> index.cgi
[2] in all mediawiki files: index.php -> index.cgi

I first tried only to change filename to cgi (only [1] and not [2]). But
when I started index.cgi, I was directed to index.php immediately. So I
did the [2] too. Hmm...

Martin

Thomas R. Koll schrieb:

> Am 10.01.2006 um 17:59 schrieb Martin Baumann:
>
>> => Deny from all
>>
>> What does is mean? I have such a file in every directory of my wiki.
>> What should stand in this file?
>

> That's not what I thought, I think that somehow the
> rewrite rules cause to redirect /index.cgi to index.php?blabla=index.cgi
> eternally.
> Did you change the .htaccess to not use /wiki/ but /article ?
>
> ciao, tom
>
> --
> http://www.tomk32.de - just a geek trying to change the world
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32
> http://verlag.tomk32.de/c/wrdigest

Re: index.php -> index.cgi

Rob Church
Did you update LocalSettings.php too? There are several directives in
there relating to paths, URLs and the like.

Rob Church

On 10/01/06, Martin Baumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> no, I didn't
>
> All I did is:
> [1] changed index.php -> index.cgi
> [2] in all mediawiki files: index.php -> index.cgi
>
> I first tried only to change filename to cgi (only [1] and not [2]). But
> when I started index.cgi, I was directed to index.php immediately. So I
> did the [2] too. Hmm...
>
> Martin
>

> Thomas R. Koll schrieb:
>

> > Am 10.01.2006 um 17:59 schrieb Martin Baumann:
> >
> >> => Deny from all
> >>
> >> What does is mean? I have such a file in every directory of my wiki.
> >> What should stand in this file?
> >

> > That's not what I thought, I think that somehow the
> > rewrite rules cause to redirect /index.cgi to index.php?blabla=index.cgi
> > eternally.
> > Did you change the .htaccess to not use /wiki/ but /article ?
> >
> > ciao, tom
> >
> > --
> > http://www.tomk32.de - just a geek trying to change the world
> > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benutzer:TomK32