All activities, except the Saturday group photo, the Sunday closing party, and Wednesday scan-a-thon/edit-a-thons, take place in Le Centre Sheraton.
* The hackathon begins Wednesday, and preconferences are Thursday.
* Also on Wednesday, there is a scan-a-thon at the BANQ - National Archives, a chance to see the archives and scan some Quebec history, and WikiConference North America is also hosting editathons at McGill & BANQ.
* Stop by the registration desk on Level 4 to pick up your registration - registration hours begin on Tuesday evening and go all day Wednesday & Thursday:
I strongly encourage you to pick up your registration BEFORE Friday morning :) If you haven't registered but intend to come, don't worry - there will be registration on site!
* Thursday night there is a dinner in the Sheraton for all registered attendees who are on-site.
* We'll start the main conference at 8:45 on Friday with an opening ceremony with special guests. We'll then have our first of five keynotes: Jimmy Wales in conversation with Biella Coleman. Be sure to be at Level 4 of the Sheraton on time!
* Friday night there is an opening reception at 18:00 in the community village, as well as a poster session. Be sure to stop by level 3 to check out all of the posters on topics ranging from outreach to technical infrastructure, and talk to the authors.
* The group photo will be Saturday evening after the closing keynote ends around 18:00 - we will go to a nearby park to take this. After that, Saturday night is yours to explore Montreal, hang out with old & new friends, or have a meetup: https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Meetups
* The party is Sunday night, directly after the conference closes, in the nearby Windsor Station building.
* During the day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, there is a dense program of sessions, workshops, discussions and lightning talks - take a look ahead of time to familiarize yourself with the program:
* But if you want to duck out of formal talks, there will also be a hackathon room (Salon 7) that is available 24/7 for hacking and quiet work, and a strategy room (Salon 6, https://wikimania2017.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_2030) that will be set aside for activities and work related to Wikimedia's strategy.