ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

Sylvain Machefert
Hi !

I'm trying to upgrade my MW 1.4.14 to 1.5.6 and then I'll install the last
1.6.1.

I've a big problem, my site is
hosted on server with ugly safe_mode where the ini_set and
set_include_path both fail.

Of course, I can't run command line on this server. So I use the
config/index.php (keeping my old LocalSettings in a safe place).

config/index.php use ini_set and set_include_path, and the
include('include/Defines.php') and other includes' and languages' files
fail.

Why the updaters are all command-line ? For security reason ? How can I
bypass this (php-shell doesn't work on safe_mode), and run the code that
update the wiki ?
After that, I remove the "maintenance" folder.

Can't the include all use $IP/includes/Defines.php ? everywhere in the wiki
?

I didn't had problems when upgrading 1.4.x to 1.4.x but I don't remember how
I did for each updates.

Waiting for replies, my site is broken !

Sylvain
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

Rob Church
On 06/04/06, iubito <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've a big problem, my site is
> hosted on server with ugly safe_mode where the ini_set and
> set_include_path both fail.
>
> Of course, I can't run command line on this server. So I use the
> config/index.php (keeping my old LocalSettings in a safe place).
>
> config/index.php use ini_set and set_include_path, and the
> include('include/Defines.php') and other includes' and languages' files
> fail.

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Sourceforge.net
has some useful information on how to work around a locked-down
hosting environment.


Rob Church
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

Sylvain Machefert
Thanks you verrrry much Rob !
The ini_set section helped me a lot. Now I've upgraded to 1.5

2006/4/6, Rob Church <[hidden email]>:

>
> On 06/04/06, iubito <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've a big problem, my site is
> > hosted on server with ugly safe_mode where the ini_set and
> > set_include_path both fail.
> >
> > Of course, I can't run command line on this server. So I use the
> > config/index.php (keeping my old LocalSettings in a safe place).
> >
> > config/index.php use ini_set and set_include_path, and the
> > include('include/Defines.php') and other includes' and languages' files
> > fail.
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Running_MediaWiki_on_Sourceforge.net
> has some useful information on how to work around a locked-down
> hosting environment.
>
>
> Rob Church
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>



--
Sylvain Machefert
http://iubito.free.fr
http://tousauxbalkans.free.fr
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

Rob Church
On 06/04/06, iubito <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks you verrrry much Rob !
> The ini_set section helped me a lot. Now I've upgraded to 1.5

Why stop at 1.5? 1.6.1 was released yesterday.


Rob Church
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

Sylvain Machefert
I've 1.5.8.
If only I could download SVN plug-in for Eclipse ! :-)
subclipse website is really slow or down.

2006/4/6, Rob Church <[hidden email]>:

>
> On 06/04/06, iubito <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks you verrrry much Rob !
> > The ini_set section helped me a lot. Now I've upgraded to 1.5
>
> Why stop at 1.5? 1.6.1 was released yesterday.
>
>
> Rob Church
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>



--
Sylvain Machefert
http://iubito.free.fr
http://tousauxbalkans.free.fr
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

Rob Church
On 06/04/06, iubito <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've 1.5.8.
> If only I could download SVN plug-in for Eclipse ! :-)
> subclipse website is really slow or down.

Either use the tarball or *gasp* install a normal SVN client.


Rob Church
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ini_set problem upgrading 1.4 to 1.5

Sylvain Machefert
Yesterday I downloaded from Eclipse. Now I'm trying to understand how it
works, how I can download+merge, Eclipse want to create a new project or
replace.
I'll try better later :-)

2006/4/7, Rob Church <[hidden email]>:

>
> On 06/04/06, iubito <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've 1.5.8.
> > If only I could download SVN plug-in for Eclipse ! :-)
> > subclipse website is really slow or down.
>
> Either use the tarball or *gasp* install a normal SVN client.
>
>
> Rob Church
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>



--
Sylvain Machefert
http://iubito.free.fr
http://tousauxbalkans.free.fr
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l