insanely stupid thing to post

Kathleen McCook
When I  sent a post I get a message that it was being held for moderation;
then this gets posted.
Is there something one does to be unmoderated?

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8 September 2012 13:48, Fred Bauder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > That is the sort of thing that happens in a monarchy like England or
> > North Korea, idiots in charge... something that really pissed off George
> > Washington.
>

> Fred, that's really an insanely stupid thing to post.
>

> - d.

Re: insanely stupid thing to post

David Gerard-2
On 8 September 2012 14:21, Kathleen McCook <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When I  sent a post I get a message that it was being held for moderation;
> then this gets posted.
> Is there something one does to be unmoderated?

Everyone starts moderated. I clear the mod queue each morning and
unmoderate the non-spammers. You're unmoderated now :-)

- d.

Re: insanely stupid thing to post

Thehelpfulone
On 9 Sep 2012, at 11:13, David Gerard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8 September 2012 14:21, Kathleen McCook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When I  sent a post I get a message that it was being held for moderation;
>> then this gets posted.
>> Is there something one does to be unmoderated?
>

> Everyone starts moderated. I clear the mod queue each morning and
> unmoderate the non-spammers. You're unmoderated now :-)

Is the spam problem that bad on this mailing list? On most of the other mailing lists that I administrate, spammers don't usually figure out how to sign up as a member of the list, so new members aren't moderated.

Thehelpfulone

Re: insanely stupid thing to post

Fred Bauder-2
> On 8 September 2012 14:21, Kathleen McCook <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> When I  sent a post I get a message that it was being held for
>> moderation;
>> then this gets posted.
>> Is there something one does to be unmoderated?
>

> Everyone starts moderated. I clear the mod queue each morning and
> unmoderate the non-spammers. You're unmoderated now :-)
>

> - d.

She's definitely adding to the dialogue, even if I don't like her line of
thought.

Fred