just an idea: add motivation commentary line, anonymized?

just an idea: add motivation commentary line, anonymized?

oscar van dillen
just a thought that spontaneously came to me this morning which i would like
to share:
(i know logs are not to be published but i am just quoting myself from
#wikimedia)

[09:50]<oscar>please allow me to prompt an open question: would it not be
interesting to read the answers to an imaginary questionnaire about the
final motivation of the voters (answers as to the "why" they voted
such-and-so) [[Elections 2007/Questions to voters]] if it existed?[09:51]<
oscar>like a commentary line as we have in edits, but anonymized[09:52]<
oscar>alphabetically ordered in one big dump :-)
(...)
[09:59]<oscar>it was just a thought, like last year i suggested a debate
[09:59]<oscar>which now did take place more or less[10:00]<oscar>who knows
what happens next year?[10:02]<oscar>there could be several reasons for
doing this however, hints for the wmf or the board, for online elections in
general and perhaps reading each other's comments is useful as well?[10:03]<
oscar>afterwards of course[10:03]<oscar>not *during* an election
(end of quote)

curious about your opinions!

best regards,
oscar

--
*edito ergo sum*

DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of the
Wikimedia Foundation nor of its Board of Trustees.

Re: just an idea: add motivation commentary line, anonymized?

KIZU Naoko
I had a similar - but opponent in its appearance inquiry last year.
"Why did you not vote". It helps me to organize this year Election. At
least PR for this community I asked their opinion.

But I'd love to consider such after the election. Now seeing
non-English communities hesitation for involvement (in Day 1, among
1100 votes, over 500 have come from enwiki alone, and there are only
two other community over 100 votes were casted).

Thanks,

On 6/30/07, oscar van dillen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> just a thought that spontaneously came to me this morning which i would like
> to share:
> (i know logs are not to be published but i am just quoting myself from
> #wikimedia)
>
> [09:50]<oscar>please allow me to prompt an open question: would it not be
> interesting to read the answers to an imaginary questionnaire about the
> final motivation of the voters (answers as to the "why" they voted
> such-and-so) [[Elections 2007/Questions to voters]] if it existed?[09:51]<
> oscar>like a commentary line as we have in edits, but anonymized[09:52]<
> oscar>alphabetically ordered in one big dump :-)
> (...)
> [09:59]<oscar>it was just a thought, like last year i suggested a debate
> [09:59]<oscar>which now did take place more or less[10:00]<oscar>who knows
> what happens next year?[10:02]<oscar>there could be several reasons for
> doing this however, hints for the wmf or the board, for online elections in
> general and perhaps reading each other's comments is useful as well?[10:03]<
> oscar>afterwards of course[10:03]<oscar>not *during* an election
> (end of quote)
>
> curious about your opinions!
>
> best regards,
> oscar
>
> --
> *edito ergo sum*
>
> DISCLAIMER: This message does not represent an official position of the
> Wikimedia Foundation nor of its Board of Trustees.

KIZU Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org
  * habent enim emolumentum in labore suo *

Re: just an idea: add motivation commentary line, anonymized?

Brianna Laugher
On 30/06/07, oscar van dillen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [09:59]<oscar>it was just a thought, like last year i suggested a debate
> [09:59]<oscar>which now did take place more or less[10:00]<oscar>who knows
> what happens next year?[10:02]<oscar>there could be several reasons for
> doing this however, hints for the wmf or the board, for online elections in
> general and perhaps reading each other's comments is useful as well?[10:03]<
> oscar>afterwards of course[10:03]<oscar>not *during* an election
> (end of quote)

Did you mean comments on the election process, or comments on the
candidates, or possibly both?

I think comments on the election process is definitely a good idea
--to try and find ways to equalise the participation rates, as Aphaia
commented on.

cheers
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise

http://modernthings.org/

On 7/1/07, Brianna Laugher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did you mean comments on the election process, or comments on the
> candidates, or possibly both?

primarily comments on the process, on the software functionality or the
system in general are meant.

I think comments on the election process is definitely a good idea
> --to try and find ways to equalise the participation rates, as Aphaia
> commented on.
>
> cheers
> Brianna
> user:pfctdayelise