labs migration and htaccess

John Doe-27
I am finishing up the move and want to redirect all incoming links (which use the exact same structure) from the toolserver to labs. Ive tried several things from IRC, but am getting nowhere. does anyone have an existing .htaccess that does this?

Thanks

Re: labs migration and htaccess

Danny B.
I tried all tricks I know and they did not work. Then I tried to do some simple rewrite just within single directory and it did not work as well. So I assume mod_rewrite is not turned on. (Assuming on missing rewrite.script that Zeus has been turned down.)

Kind regards

Danny B.

I am finishing up the move and want to redirect all incoming links (which use the exact same structure) from the toolserver to labs. Ive tried several things from IRC, but am getting nowhere. does anyone have an existing .htaccess that does this?

Thanks

Re: labs migration and htaccess

Tim Landscheidt
(anonymous) wrote:

> I am finishing up the move and want to redirect all incoming links (which
> use the exact same structure) from the toolserver to labs. Ive tried
> several things from IRC, but am getting nowhere. does anyone have an
> existing .htaccess that does this?

If you migrated your whole ~/public_html:

| Redirect /~timl/ http://tools.wmflabs.org/$YOUR_TOOL/

If you just want to pick individual subdirectories:

| Redirect /~timl/wikilint/ http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikilint/

Tim

Re: labs migration and htaccess

John Doe-27