logging out after inactivity

Florian Effenberger-3
Hello,

my installation of MediaWiki 1.16 logs me out after a certain time of inactivity, but I couldn't find out where to configure this. If I leave the window open for some minutes (15-30, I'd guess), and click on another page, I am required to relogin.

The relevant parts of my LocalSettings.php are

$wgCookieExpiration = 0;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;
$wgWhitelistRead = array ("Special:Userlogin", "MediaWiki:Common.css", "MediaWiki:Common.js", "MediaWiki:Monobook.css", "MediaWiki:Monobook.js", "-");
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks,
Florian

Re: logging out after inactivity

Dan Haunschild
do you get replys?? after oxy's and klonopin

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> my installation of MediaWiki 1.16 logs me out after a certain time of
> inactivity, but I couldn't find out where to configure this. If I leave the
> window open for some minutes (15-30, I'd guess), and click on another page,
> I am required to relogin.
>
> The relevant parts of my LocalSettings.php are
>
> $wgCookieExpiration = 0;
> $wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;
> $wgWhitelistRead = array ("Special:Userlogin", "MediaWiki:Common.css",
> "MediaWiki:Common.js", "MediaWiki:Monobook.css", "MediaWiki:Monobook.js",
> "-");
> $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
> $wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
>
> Anyone has an idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Florian

Re: logging out after inactivity

Benjamin Lees
On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> my installation of MediaWiki 1.16 logs me out after a certain time of inactivity, but I couldn't find out where to configure this. If I leave the window open for some minutes (15-30, I'd guess), and click on another page, I am required to relogin.

Change $wgCookieExpiration.  Setting it to 0 makes all cookies only
last for one session.

Re: logging out after inactivity

Florian Effenberger-3
Hi,

Am 05.09.2010 um 23:42 schrieb Benjamin Lees:

> Change $wgCookieExpiration.  Setting it to 0 makes all cookies only
> last for one session.

shouldn't zero mean that the logon is valid until the browser is closed?

Without wgCookieExpiration in LocalSettings.php, the inactivity also occured...

Florian

Re: logging out after inactivity

Platonides
Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 05.09.2010 um 23:42 schrieb Benjamin Lees:
>
>> Change $wgCookieExpiration.  Setting it to 0 makes all cookies only
>> last for one session.
>
> shouldn't zero mean that the logon is valid until the browser is closed?
>
> Without wgCookieExpiration in LocalSettings.php, the inactivity also occured...
>
> Florian

Check your php settings for garbage collecting (ie. removing) the sessions.

Re: logging out after inactivity

Florian Effenberger-3
Hi,

> Check your php settings for garbage collecting (ie. removing) the sessions.

thanks for the pointer. Actually, the PHP garbage collector script was the culprit, not honoring .htaccess-related changes. So, I did a small workaround

 mkdir /etc/php5/mediawiki
 echo 'session.gc_maxlifetime = 7200' > /etc/php5/mediawiki/php.ini

and it seems to work. Maybe there's a better solution, but at least the above is a workaround. :-)

Thanks!
Florian