logstash down on deployment-prep

Guillaume Lederrey
Hello all!

While aligning elasticsearch / logstash / kibana versions on
deployment-logstash2, I am running into some issues. Logstash does not
want to restart...

This is tracked on phabricator [1], I'll let you know as soon as I
know what is going on...

Have fun!

  Guillaume

--
Guillaume Lederrey
Operations Engineer, Discovery

Re: logstash down on deployment-prep

Guillaume Lederrey
logstash is up and running again on deployment-prep. For those who are
interested, the logstash plugins that we used were deployed correctly,
present on disk, but not reloaded by logstash. The reloading part is
triggered by puppet [1], but that code does not seem to be robust
enough.

Logstash was down and logs were not collected between ~12:40 and 15:15 UTC.

All my apologises for this inconvenience....

[1] https://github.com/wikimedia/puppet/blob/production/modules/logstash/manifests/init.pp#L35-L42