<pre> tag parsing not handeled

Waleed Meligy
Hello All,

My <Pre> tag is rendered normally in the mediawiki articles. resulting in
table tags being written a &lt;table instead of <table. Making the articles
look funny.
Can you please help ?

Thank you for your time,

Waleed A. Meligy

--
Thank you for your time,

Waleed A. Meligy

Re: <pre> tag parsing not handeled

Jim R. Wilson
That's how <pre> works in MediaWiki - it replaces some entities in the
internal data.

If you want a preformatted text block that still interprets wikitext, simply
indent all the lines with a leading space.  So instead of this:

<pre>
Something here
</pre>

You'd do this:

  Something here

At least, I think that's what you're getting at.

Another thing to note: both "&lt;" and "<" will appear as "&lt;" in the HTML
and thus displayed as "<" on the page.  If you really want to see "&lt;" on
the page, you have to put "&amp;lt;" inside the <pre> tag.

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)

On 6/2/07, Waleed Meligy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> My <Pre> tag is rendered normally in the mediawiki articles. resulting in
> table tags being written a &lt;table instead of <table. Making the
> articles
> look funny.
> Can you please help ?
>

> Thank you for your time,
>
> Waleed A. Meligy
>
> --
> Thank you for your time,
>
> Waleed A. Meligy

webpage in frame in wiki-page

freie-wohnung
Hi,
i'd like to display a webpage in a frame on a specific wiki-page. Is that
possible?
I'd like to put the webinterface of Mailman and perhaps an archive of my
mailinglist on a site of my wiki. It would be cool to have this in a frame
and not as a link.
Thanks for your help,
Marc

Re: webpage in frame in wiki-page

Daniel Friesen
I did something similar for phpMyAdmin.

    <?php

    /**
     * The MediaMyAdmin Extension's task's are:
     * - Use of phpMyAdmin via MediaWiki
     *
     * @package DantmanAdminExtensions
     * @subpackage MediaMyAdmin
     * @author Daniel Friesen (http://www.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dantman) ([hidden email])
     * @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU General Public Licence 2.0 or later
     */

    if( !defined( 'MEDIAWIKI' ) ) die( "This is an extension to the MediaWiki package and cannot be run standalone." );

    $wgExtensionFunctions[] = 'efMediaMyAdminSetup';

    require_once( "$IP/includes/SpecialPage.php" );

    $wgExtensionCredits['specialpage'][] = array(
    'name' => 'MediaMyAdmin',
    'author' => 'Daniel Friesen(aka: Dantman)',
    );

    function efMediaMyAdminSetup() {
    global $wgMessageCache, $wgUser, $wgRequest, $wgOut;

    SpecialPage::addPage( new SpecialMediaMyAdmin() );

    $wgMessageCache->addMessages(
    array(
    'mediamyadmin'        => "MediaMyAdmin",
    'mediamyadmin-height' => "500px"
    )
    );
    }

    /**
     * Constructor
     */
    class SpecialMediaMyAdmin extends SpecialPage {
    function SpecialMediaMyAdmin() {
    global $wgRequest;
    SpecialPage::SpecialPage( 'MediaMyAdmin', 'mediamyadmin', true, false, 'default', false );
    }

    /**
    * Execute
    */
    function execute( $par = null ) {
    global $wgUser, $wgOut, $wgRequest, $egPhpMyAdmin;

    if ( !$wgUser->isAllowed( 'mediamyadmin' ) ) {
    $wgOut->permissionRequired( "mediamyadmin" );
    return false;
    }

    # Don't allow blocked users
    if ( $wgUser->isBlocked() ) {
    $wgOut->blockedPage();
    return false;
    }

    $this->setHeaders();

    $wgOut->addHeadItem( 'MediaMyAdminStyle', "<style type='text/css'>
    /*/*/ /*<![CDATA[*/
    #p-cactions #ca-nstab-special, .firstHeading { display: none !important; }
    #content {
    padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
    }
    #MediaMyAdminWindow {
    margin: -15px 0px 0px 0px;
    width: 100%;
    height: ".wfMsgHtml('mediamyadmin-height').";
    border: 0px;
    }
    /*]]>*/ /* */
    );

    $wgOut->addHTML(
    Xml::openElement( 'iframe', array(
    'src' => $egPhpMyAdmin,
    'id'  => 'MediaMyAdminWindow'
    ) ).
    Xml::closeElement( 'iframe' )
    );
    }
    }

    ?>

It's quite a simple rip of code. But you can modify it to do the same
for just about anything you want. I did the same for the FireStats
interface, but I guess I won't be using either on Wiki-Tools.com.

~Daniel Friesen of The Gaiapedia and Wikia Graphical Entertainment Project

jdd

freie-wohnung wrote:
> Hi,
> i'd like to display a webpage in a frame on a specific wiki-page. Is that
> possible?
> I'd like to put the webinterface of Mailman and perhaps an archive of my
> mailinglist on a site of my wiki. It would be cool to have this in a frame
> and not as a link.
> Thanks for your help,

given this will be a static page, you can simply copy the html page to
a .html one and change the code there like this test page:

http://www.culte.org/pmwiki/media/test2.html

If you save this page, say in pmwiki/media like me, the css are still
at the same relative (and absolute) place an so the skins works.

(not fully tested)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://gourmandises.orangeblog.fr/

Re: webpage in frame in wiki-page

freie-wohnung
Thx for the tips. I will use http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Anysite
To embed the website into my wiki.
Marc

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

jdd

freie-wohnung wrote:

> http://www.culte.org/pmwiki/media/test2.html
>
> If you save this page, say in pmwiki/media like me

sorry I misread the mailing list name :-( I use the two wikis). But
the tip may work also for mediawiki (not tested)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://gourmandises.orangeblog.fr/

Re: <pre> tag parsing not handeled

Waleed Meligy
Jim,

Thanks for your response. After checking, Turns out all i had to do was to
turn the "tidy" option on. And that solved it!

Thank you for your response once again,

Waleed A. Meligy

On 6/3/07, Jim Wilson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's how <pre> works in MediaWiki - it replaces some entities in the
> internal data.
>
> If you want a preformatted text block that still interprets wikitext,
> simply
> indent all the lines with a leading space.  So instead of this:
>
> <pre>
> Something here
> </pre>
>
> You'd do this:
>
>   Something here
>
> At least, I think that's what you're getting at.
>
> Another thing to note: both "&lt;" and "<" will appear as "&lt;" in the
> HTML
> and thus displayed as "<" on the page.  If you really want to see "&lt;"
> on
> the page, you have to put "&amp;lt;" inside the <pre> tag.
>
> -- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)
>
> On 6/2/07, Waleed Meligy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > My <Pre> tag is rendered normally in the mediawiki articles. resulting
> in
> > table tags being written a &lt;table instead of <table. Making the
> > articles
> > look funny.
> > Can you please help ?
> >

> > Thank you for your time,