[mailman question] Adding whole domain to ban_list

[mailman question] Adding whole domain to ban_list

Martin Urbanec
Hello,

I'm trying to ban @aol.com for signing up to wikimediacz-l. This is a
member-only list for Wikimedia Czech Republic members and as aol.com is
pretty unfrequent in Czechia, I don't expect any problems (and if there
will be some, members of the list are added by a list administrator). There
is a big sign-up spam, so that's the reason why I decided to issue the
block.

If there is a way how to enforce manual adding by a list administrator,
I'll be happy, but helping how to add whole aol.com to ban_list will be
useful. I tried to add "^.*@aol.com$" (a regex) to the ban_list variable,
but this apparently do not help, still some aol addresses are able to sign
up.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Martin

Re: [mailman question] Adding whole domain to ban_list

Jaime Crespo
Hi, I found these instructions, not sure if accurate or still applicable:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2007-April/056468.html

--
Jaime Crespo
<http://wikimedia.org>

Re: [mailman question] Adding whole domain to ban_list

Andre Klapper-2
On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 07:28 +0000, Martin Urbanec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to ban @aol.com for signing up to wikimediacz-l. This is a
> member-only list for Wikimedia Czech Republic members and as aol.com is
> pretty unfrequent in Czechia, I don't expect any problems (and if there
> will be some, members of the list are added by a list administrator). There
> is a big sign-up spam, so that's the reason why I decided to issue the
> block.

If someone finds a solution, it would be welcome to document them on
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Administration#Privacy_options
Also wondering if cases such as blocking spam to -owner addresses
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/source/operations-puppet/browse/production/modules/profile/templates/exim/system_filter.conf.mailman.erb
should be covered there.

andre

--