making the default skin 'stick'

Brianna Laugher
Hello,

I changed this in LocalSettings.php:

$wgDefaultSkin = 'cologneblue';

and it's fine when I browse anonymously, but when I log in it
immediately reverts to Monobook. In the user settings, it has "cologne
blue (default)", but it still appears to have selected Monobook as the
default.

>From this thread (
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2005-December/009143.html
) it seems like it's actually not possible, but it seems a bit odd -
why do user prefs pick up Monobook as the default?

Thanks,
Brianna

Special:Version:
    *  MediaWiki: 1.6.3
    * PHP: 5.1.2 (cgi-fcgi)
    * MySQL: 5.0.18-standard-log

Re: making the default skin 'stick'

Elliott F. Cable

On Apr 27, 2006, at 8:06 PM, Brianna Laugher wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I changed this in LocalSettings.php:
>
> $wgDefaultSkin = 'cologneblue';
>
> and it's fine when I browse anonymously, but when I log in it
> immediately reverts to Monobook. In the user settings, it has "cologne
> blue (default)", but it still appears to have selected Monobook as the
> default.
>
>> From this thread (
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2005-December/
> 009143.html
> ) it seems like it's actually not possible, but it seems a bit odd -
> why do user prefs pick up Monobook as the default?
>
> Thanks,
> Brianna
>
> Special:Version:
>     *  MediaWiki: 1.6.3
>     * PHP: 5.1.2 (cgi-fcgi)
>     * MySQL: 5.0.18-standard-log
You already had monobook selected when you first logged in. So it is
your user preference. Anonymous users (And therefore any newely
registering users) will have their skin set to whatever you just set.
Another thing worth checking is the default new users settings array
in default settings php, and making sure you haven't set the default
new user skin setting anywhere.

Re: making the default skin 'stick'

Brianna Laugher
Scratch that...  I read this
(http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2004-May/009788.html)
and went and checked out my Languages.php and see that it does in fact
work as I had hoped. I think I was just a bit impatient. I will wait
five minutes next time. ;)

Brianna