mass deletion

jdd

mass deletion

jdd
Hello,

I have a mediawiki site that is little used but often vandalised (spam).

tghis time I got more than 100 pages full of spam, and with spam as
title!!!

deleting them one at a time is extremely long. I there a way to mass
delete all these pages? I have no direct access to mysql.

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net
http://gourmandises.orangeblog.fr/

Re: mass deletion

Filip Maljković
jdd wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a mediawiki site that is little used but often vandalised (spam).
>
> tghis time I got more than 100 pages full of spam, and with spam as
> title!!!
>
> deleting them one at a time is extremely long. I there a way to mass
> delete all these pages? I have no direct access to mysql.
>
> thanks
> jdd

This extension [1] can help you if the same user/IP address created the
articles.

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Nuke

Filip

jdd

Re: mass deletion

jdd
Filip Maljkovic wrote:

> [1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Nuke

well.. should work, but not in my install.

This is not my computer... I may be able to update mediawiki, but
certainely not php nor mysql.

I own:

mediawiki 1.4.0 (don't cry, I'm not the owner... mine is 1.8)
php 4.4.7
mysql 4.1.16

what can I do with this?

thanks
jdd

jdd wrote:

> Filip Maljkovic wrote:
>

>> [1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Nuke
>>

> well.. should work, but not in my install.
>
> This is not my computer... I may be able to update mediawiki, but
> certainely not php nor mysql.
>
> I own:
>
> mediawiki 1.4.0 (don't cry, I'm not the owner... mine is 1.8)
> php 4.4.7
> mysql 4.1.16
>
> what can I do with this?
>
> thanks
> jdd

Well, do you really think you can install/do anything with that old a
version? ;) I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Cheers,
Filip

Re: mass deletion

Rob Church
On 21/06/07, jdd <[hidden email]> wrote:
> what can I do with this?

Do you have a big hammer?

Rob Church

Re: mass deletion

Frederik Dohr
> mediawiki 1.4.0 (don't cry, I'm not the owner... mine is 1.8)

And I'll still cry: Why are you using 1.8 instead of the latest 1.10? :P

> Do you have a big hammer?

Great, now I gotta find a way to safely get that coffee off of my
monitor again...

-- F.

jdd

Re: mass deletion

jdd
Rob Church wrote:
> On 21/06/07, jdd <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> what can I do with this?
>
> Do you have a big hammer?

:-). I know... and many problems come from that. However I have to
cope with the php and the mysql given (the wiki is on my own account,
but I have no action on the server itself.

for Now I replaced the index with a fixed page...

sorry :-(
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://gourmandises.orangeblog.fr/

jdd

Re: mass deletion

jdd
Frederik Dohr wrote:
>> mediawiki 1.4.0 (don't cry, I'm not the owner... mine is 1.8)
>
> And I'll still cry: Why are you using 1.8 instead of the latest 1.10? :P

in fact i did (1.10.0) but forgot that :-)

jdd