mediawiki+db, where is the information saved

mediawiki+db, where is the information saved

Uwe Brauer
Hello

I am now really puzzled, in order to understand where
mediawiki saves its information I resintalled a new
mediawiki and connected it to new mysql data base.
I just created on new page, called it seminar and wrote a
sentence then saved the new page.

When I looked in /var/lib/mysql/maqwiki

The only files with the relevant dates where
 searchindex.MYD
 searchindex.MYI

The other files of the database where not touched.

Then I have a simple question if all relevant information is
saved in these files could I not just simply
shutdown the server
replace these two pages (by one of a different data base)
restart the server

I did this but the nothing happened. That is I only see this
new page with its content, which makes me think that the
information is save in some other place but where??????

Uwe Brauer

Re: mediawiki+db, where is the information saved

Dave butlerdi
Look in page, page props, page_links, logging, category, category links

If you are not using MySql workbench it would probably make your life easier
to download from the MySql site and check it all out.

On 16 September 2010 13:15, Uwe Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am now really puzzled, in order to understand where
> mediawiki saves its information I resintalled a new
> mediawiki and connected it to new mysql data base.
> I just created on new page, called it seminar and wrote a
> sentence then saved the new page.
>
> When I looked in /var/lib/mysql/maqwiki
>
> The only files with the relevant dates where
>  searchindex.MYD
>  searchindex.MYI
>
> The other files of the database where not touched.
>
> Then I have a simple question if all relevant information is
> saved in these files could I not just simply
> shutdown the server
> replace these two pages (by one of a different data base)
> restart the server
>
> I did this but the nothing happened. That is I only see this
> new page with its content, which makes me think that the
> information is save in some other place but where??????
>
> Uwe Brauer

Regards

Dave Butler
butlerdi-at-pharm2phork-dot-org

Also on Skype as pharm2phork

Get Skype here http://www.skype.com/download.html

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

Re: mediawiki+db, where is the information saved

Domas Mituzas

> When I looked in /var/lib/mysql/maqwiki

/var/lib/mysql/ib* files

Domas

THANKS (was: mediawiki+db, where is the information saved)

Uwe Brauer

   >> When I looked in /var/lib/mysql/maqwiki

   > /var/lib/mysql/ib* files

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

You saved me! I could successfully recover a wiki from a
crashed computer, and you saved my department several bucks
for not contacting a professional recovering service or to
try to repair that mac.

Uwe

Re: THANKS (was: mediawiki+db, where is the information saved)

Domas Mituzas
> THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME!!!

> and you saved my department several bucks

feel free to share that with http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/WaysToGive/en =)

Domas

Re: THANKS

Uwe Brauer

   >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
   > YOU ARE WELCOME!!!

   >> and you saved my department several bucks

   > feel free to share that with http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Donate/WaysToGive/en =)

right, but it was more an issue with mysql than with
mediawiki, in any case I'll talk to the administration.....