memory size exhausted while diff

Florian Effenberger-3
Hello,

I have a problem with the following wiki page:
http://www.oxidforge.org/wiki/index.php?title=Languages/Slovenian&curid=180&diff=1035&oldid=1034

It always throws an error message at me. I tried raising the PHP limit
to 128 MB and 60 seconds, as well as disabling all extensions, but to
no avail. The script seems to run forever, consuming lots of CPU
power. I also tried activating the debug log file, which didn't work
out neither.

The original page at
http://www.oxidforge.org/wiki/index.php?title=Languages/Slovenian
is a bit large, but I doubt it is too large.

Did I hit a bug? Is it a misconfiguration?

Thanks for any advice,
Florian

Re: memory size exhausted while diff

Benjamin Lees
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with the following wiki page:
>
> http://www.oxidforge.org/wiki/index.php?title=Languages/Slovenian&curid=180&diff=1035&oldid=1034
>
> It always throws an error message at me. I tried raising the PHP limit
> to 128 MB and 60 seconds

You haven't actually done so; your memory limit is ~34 MB.  You may be
unintentionally overriding it with an .htaccess file or an ini_set() in
LocalSettings.php.

Re: memory size exhausted while diff

Florian Effenberger-3
HI,

>> It always throws an error message at me. I tried raising the PHP limit
>> to 128 MB and 60 seconds
>
> You haven't actually done so; your memory limit is ~34 MB.  You may be
> unintentionally overriding it with an .htaccess file or an ini_set() in
> LocalSettings.php.

I had already so. Then the script wanted to consume more memory, thus
leading to another memory limit exhausted message. Alternatively, it
stopped after 30 seconds with timeout. I raised the timeout to 60
seconds, then it stopped at 60 seconds, if not due to memory
exhausting. It seems there's a loop somewhere...

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Florian Effenberger <[hidden email]>wrote:

> HI,
>
> >> It always throws an error message at me. I tried raising the PHP limit
> >> to 128 MB and 60 seconds
> >
> > You haven't actually done so; your memory limit is ~34 MB.  You may be
> > unintentionally overriding it with an .htaccess file or an ini_set() in
> > LocalSettings.php.
>
> I had already so. Then the script wanted to consume more memory, thus
> leading to another memory limit exhausted message. Alternatively, it
> stopped after 30 seconds with timeout. I raised the timeout to 60
> seconds, then it stopped at 60 seconds, if not due to memory
> exhausting. It seems there's a loop somewhere...
>
> Florian

Do you have diff3?  Have you tried wikidiff2?
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgExternalDiffEngine

Re: memory size exhausted while diff

Florian Effenberger-3
Hi Benjamin,

> Do you have diff3?  Have you tried wikidiff2?
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgExternalDiffEngine

diff3 is enabled and available, but upgrading to wikidiff2 (and
enhancing the memory limit a bit) did the trick -- thanks a lot!

Florian